Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google App not responding on Marshmallow 6.0.1

Jump to solution
supreethkoushik
Contributor I

Hi,

I am presently working on i.MX7D Sabre, I have booted marshmallow 6.0.1 on the board, I am trying to use Google app, when the board is online the voice recognition feature works but immediately after few seconds the app shuts down unexpectedly. Even when something is searched by typing in the search bar behavior remains same.   

The google app doesn't respond when the board is offline even upon installing necessary offline packages.

Please find the attached log file which is taken when board was online and something was searched using voice commands.

Could anyone please suggest me for a possible workaround for the issue. 

Thanks and Regards,

Supreeth

Original Attachment has been moved to: Google_App_voice_serach_log.txt.zip

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Supreeth,

The issue is not related to i.mx7d hardware and android version. Eeven on some mobile platform, the samilar issue also happens. you can try to install google app through google installer. So at first you should install google installer on i.mx7d board.

Hope my advice can help you!

Have a nice day!

Have a great day,
TIC   Weidong Sun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Supreeth,

The issue is not related to i.mx7d hardware and android version. Eeven on some mobile platform, the samilar issue also happens. you can try to install google app through google installer. So at first you should install google installer on i.mx7d board.

Hope my advice can help you!

Have a nice day!

Have a great day,
TIC   Weidong Sun

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos