Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good news! Mfgtool source code is released now

StanleyLee
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi there,

Mfgtool host tool is uploaded to the forum now. You can revise the tool to add your own functionality, and do debug work by yourself if you meet issues.

The tool need below environment to compile:

1. VS2008

2. Windows XP/7 SDK

3. Windows XP/7 WDK

For details, please refer to Build_Requirements.docx in mfgtools\Apps\MfgTool.exe\docs

And any feedback about the tool is appreciated!

24 Replies

eduardasmeile
Contributor I

I would also like to request a proper link to the MFG tool source as I too am unable to locate it.

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos

eduardasmeile
Contributor I

Thank you a lot.

I somehow missed it.

I now see the link is exposed in the Software & Tools tab of the i.MX6Q page under Hardware Development Tools -> Programmers (Flash, etc.)

0 Kudos

pravinyadav
Contributor III

I could not find MFG tool source link. I want to debug the MFGTool for iMX28 (Windows CE). I could able to find the source code for iMX6 for Linux and android but not for Windows CE iMX28.

0 Kudos

bipulpandey
Contributor I

I am having issue in debugging , It's required cfg.ini file Please let me know how to debug 

0 Kudos

behlingc
Contributor I

Hi Xingyu Li,

the download link is still broken as Gregory and Paul already reported.

I would be glad too, if you could provide us a new link for the sources.

Best regards

Carsten

0 Kudos

AndrewLu
Contributor III

Hi Carsten

The code is already available on the external web page. 

Here under the Programmer section they can the source code for the 2.0 version.

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=i.MX6D&nodeId=018rH3ZrDRB24A&fpsp=1&t...

Here also under the Programmer section they can the source code for the 1.0 version.

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=i.MX534&nodeId=018rH3ZrDR988D&fpsp=1&...

simocn77
Contributor I

Hi,

is there any git repository ?

thanks ,

Simone Cianni

0 Kudos

StanleyLee
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Carsten,

Thanks for your reminding. I transferred to FAE team almost two years ago. Lu lin is responsible for Mfgtool development now.

Hi Lin,

Could you help maintain this topic(i.e. provide source code for both Mfgtool 1.x and Mfgtool 2.x)? Thanks.

Best Regards,

Starle Li /李星宇

Freescale GSM i.MX China Support

Tel: 8621-28937059

Fax: 8621-28937040

E-mail: Xingyu.Li@freescale.com<mailto:Xingyu.Li@freescale.com>

GregDyess
Contributor III

Please supply an updated link.  The links provided in this thread are dead-ends.  Searches in the forum just turn up discussions relating to problems or use cases for MfgTool, but not the source.

Thanks

0 Kudos

GregDyess
Contributor III

Has there been any update concerning the source code download link?  It appears to be broken.

PaulZander
Contributor I

It seems that the link to the MFGtool is not working anymore.

Do you know where I can get the tool?

ChrisWilliamson
Contributor III

Hi Ed,

I'm sorry, but that question is outside of my expertise. My experience is really with the Windows application. Hopefully someone with more knowledge of the i.MX53 QSB can help.

Best regards,

Chris

0 Kudos

EdSutter
Senior Contributor II

Chris,

Ok, thanks I'll look into that; however, I'm beginning to wonder if what I want to do is legit...

I wanna build a bootmonitor image (say bootmonitor.elf), convert it to the "program image" format (section 7.6 of RM) and just take a QSB, put it in "boot from UART" mode, then use the serial download protocol (discussed in 7.8.3 of iMX53RM.pdf) to download that image using the WriteFile and Completed commands.

Should I be able to do this to boot a "raw" (no SD card installed) QSB from scratch?

Ed

0 Kudos

ChrisWilliamson
Contributor III

Hi Ed,

1. Those files are part of the Microsoft Windows Driver Kit (WDK). I think there is a Build_Requirements.docx in mfgtools\Apps\MfgTool.exe\docs that should explain how to setup inlcude paths after you install the WDK.

2. The tool doesn't create different firmware images. It just processes script instructions in the ucl.xml file. Typically the commands are some type of (Linux/WinCE) commands to partition the boot media and then copy down the various firmware files to the appropriate places on the newly partitioned media.

Best regards,

Chris

0 Kudos

EdSutter
Senior Contributor II

Couple of questions:

1. Has anyone downloaded and built this?  I just downloaded the source and tried to build it using VS2008, and apparently a few files (usbiodef.h, hidsdi.h, scsi.h) are missing.  Is the .zip file up to date or did I just not read something?

2.Does this tool take a .elf image as input and create the "Program Image" (as discussed in section 7.6 of the imx53RM?

tx in advance,

Ed

0 Kudos

yekta
Contributor II

Hi Stanley,

1) I have read your Mfgtool Roadmap presentation .You are mentioning about three methods .

One of them is Mfgtool-SD. Which may be the solution for me.

My case :

I 'didnt connect the USB bus of the i.mx53 .The USB port on my board is  actually a serial port of the i.mx53 which are connected  to eachother over an USB-RS232 converter chip.

I want to install the uboot.bin etc into the brandnew SDcard and boot from SDcard .

May I use your tool for this purpose ? Is the link below the latest version including MfgTool-SD ?

http://imxcommunity.org/group/manufacturing-tool-mfgtool

2) May I create the bootable SD-card on my LTIB devolopment PC ( by creating partitions and copying uboot.bin to SDcard)  and insert into the custom HW SDcard slot - without using the Mfg Tool?

0 Kudos

MarcCoussement
Contributor I

Thanks Chris

Marc,

0 Kudos

ChrisWilliamson
Contributor III

Here you go.

Chris

http://imxcommunity.org/group/manufacturing-tool-mfgtool

Marc coussement said:

Sorry,

Can't find latest mfgtool source code dowload link.

Marc,

0 Kudos

pederalm
Contributor II

Link is broken. Any new address?

0 Kudos