Gnome on fsl-imx-xwayland

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gnome on fsl-imx-xwayland

info54
Contributor I

I am trying to get gnome-desktop running on fsl-imx-xwayland. Ideally it uses wayland only and not X. Even still, it does not seem to compile as it is looking for gdk/gtkx.h and cannot find it. I looked at the recipe and currently there doesn't appear to be anything which can force it to compile for wayland. Gnome does support wayland so it should be possible.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Chris K,

The BSP release do not have a Gnome based image but you may use one of the non qt images which are based on SATO and add the available gnome packages. You can see which packages are available by running:

$ bitbake -s | grep gnome

And you may add them with the IMAGE_INSTALL_append function on the conf/local.conf file.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos

info54
Contributor I

Hi Gusarambula,

I actually did try that already and it does not work. I tried to add gnome-desktop3 to my image but it fail as I mentioned above. It could not find  gdk/gdkx.h. I don't know where that header file is and even so, it seems like it is compiling for an Xorg backend but I want it to run on wayland.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Chris K,

That's a good point. The fsl-imx-xwayland uses wayland with an x backend. If you do not wish to use x as it’s causing trouble you may switch to fsl-imx-wayland which would be wayland weston.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos