Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting vss/mfw_gst_vss_common.c:1003 ioctl error, return -1

Jump to solution
alokkumar
Contributor III

Dear All,

I am using iMX.6Q NitrogenX board. While using following gsteamer pipeline it works sometimes and sometime I get following error.

gst-launch rtspsrc location= rtsp://10.10.4.11/vbStream1S1 typefind=true !  rtph264depay ! vpudec ! queue max-size-buffers=0 max-size-time=0 ! mfw_isink axis-top=0 axis-left=0 disp-width=960 disp-height=540

MFW_GST_ISINK_PLUGIN 3.0.5 build on Mar  7 2013 22:31:06.

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...

[INFO]  Product Info: i.MX6Q/D/S

vpudec versions

plugin: 3.0.5

wrapper: 1.0.28(VPUWRAPPER_ARM_LINUX Build on Mar  7 2013 22:29:21)

vpulib: 5.4.10

firmware: 2.1.8.34588

Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL ...

Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...

New clock: GstSystemClock

[INFO]  bitstreamMode 1, chromaInterleave 1, mapType 0, tiled2LinearEnable 0

hwbuf allocator zone(3133440) created

VS0 created. in fmt[NV12] win(0,0-1920,1080:1920x1080) out win(0,0-960,540:960x540)

set deinterlace mode 0

vss/mfw_gst_vss_common.c:1003 ioctl error, return -1

Could someone please advice how can I not get this error. How can I fix it.

Thanks

Alok

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
EricNelson
Senior Contributor II

Hi Alok,

Line 1003 of mfw_gst_vss_common.c is an ioctl call with command FBIOPAN_DISPLAY.

The driver implementation is here:

https://github.com/boundarydevices/linux-imx6/blob/boundary-imx_3.0.35_1.1.1/drivers/video/mxc/mxc_i...

Unfortunately, the -1 is the error message from ioctl (always -1) and not errno.

Are you in a position to re-build the gstreamer plugins? If so, I can whip up a patch that will show the parameters to the call.

Walking through the kernel driver, it appears that most of the error return cases will generate kernel error messages through "dev_err".

Did you check the output from dmesg when this happens?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
EricNelson
Senior Contributor II

Hi Alok,

Line 1003 of mfw_gst_vss_common.c is an ioctl call with command FBIOPAN_DISPLAY.

The driver implementation is here:

https://github.com/boundarydevices/linux-imx6/blob/boundary-imx_3.0.35_1.1.1/drivers/video/mxc/mxc_i...

Unfortunately, the -1 is the error message from ioctl (always -1) and not errno.

Are you in a position to re-build the gstreamer plugins? If so, I can whip up a patch that will show the parameters to the call.

Walking through the kernel driver, it appears that most of the error return cases will generate kernel error messages through "dev_err".

Did you check the output from dmesg when this happens?

0 Kudos
jack_mao
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Have you reproduce this on freescale reference board? It seems that it request the frame buffer fail, it there any other request to frame buffer when you run this command? Seems some display conflict

jack

0 Kudos
alokkumar
Contributor III

I was using iMX6 board nitrogen6x from boundary devices. I have been trying gsteamer stream as a separate process and QT gui for some part of the display window.

Would being two different process would cause it.

Should I launch video using QT window ?

quick response will be appreciated.

0 Kudos
jack_mao
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Please try to reproduce on imx6 reference board, on the same time, please run gstreamer lonely to see whether the issue still come out.

jack

0 Kudos