cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting started with ltib source for I.MX28:

srinivasanshanm
Contributor III

Dear All,

As am newbiee to this ltib source for I.MX28, I have few questions, after following the docs from the L2.6.35_10.12.01_SDK_source_bundle.tar.gz

1. I'm confused with i.mx28_ivt_linux.sb & uImage, i.mx28_ivt_uboot.sb & uboot.bin, & want to know the difference between the linux.sb & uImage , uboot.sb & uboot.bin,

I hope the the uboot requires the uImage, every time but when we build using ./ltib it generates binaries in the folder /home/appusony/I.MX28/ltib/rootfs/boot,   like *.sb & other files,  Does I.MX28 EVK board takes .sb files or uboot.bin & uImage for its execution

As the command ./ltib builds the entire source, ie., uboot, kernel, & filesystem, and this  build takes lots of time, I want to do the driver related changes for my development in uboot, kernel every time ,  build & flash only uboot or kernel or rootfs

2. Does the command ./ltib -p boot_stream.spec -f rebuilds only .sb files or entire uboot.bin, uImage & other binaries , if ./ltib -p boot_stream.spec -f rebuilds .sb files, uboot.bin, uImage , can we directly delete the already flashed binaries from boot folder in SD card & replace with the latest builded binaries, without formating or using mk_mx28_sd script

3. Could you please let me know how to build uboot , kernel, filesystem source separately with their tool chains,  build command & flash on the target respectively

4. Could you please let me know how to boot using TFTP detailedly once again as because when I connect the ethernet cable to the host linux pc (ubuntu 10.04, 64 bit) & to the i.mx28 board (with no other internet connections), & flash only uboot onto the board & stop in uboot prompt & set the ip address for host pc,  the ip address for the board & tried to ping the address I get Network Unreachable

Could you please do the needful in resolving the above queries & would be greatly appreciated , With this I hope the setup would be ready for my development activites

Thanks in advance

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Srinivasan

Had your issue got resolved? If yes, we are going to close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help please feel

free to contact Freescale.

Thanks,
Yixing

0 Kudos

srinivasanshanm
Contributor III

Please close this issue it is resolved, thanks a lot for your support

0 Kudos