General purpose HW CRC unit for iMX6

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General purpose HW CRC unit for iMX6

rspolyak
Contributor II

Does iMX6 incorporates general purpose HW CRC unit? We are looking for alternatives for SW CRC calculation to improve performance. I haven't found any mention of this in documentation.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It depends on what i.MX6 family member do you mean. Most of the i.MX6 family processors contain the Error Correction Code (ECC) hardware accelerator.

For example, the i.MX6Dual/Quad/DualPlus/QuadPlus/Solo/DualLite/UltraLite/ULL/ULZ processors implement the 40-BIT Error Correction Code (ECC) Accelerator (BCH) module. For details, please refer to the "40-BIT Correcting ECC Accelerator (BCH)" chapter of the corresponding Reference Manual document.

The i.MX6SoloX processor contains the 62-BIT Correcting ECC Accelerator (BCH) module. For details, please refer to the corresponding chapter of the processor's Reference Manual document.

The i.MX6SoloLite/SLL processors do not implement any kind of general-purpose Error Correction Code (ECC) hardware acceleration.

Have a great day,
Artur

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

rspolyak
Contributor II

Thanks for answer. Unfortunately I do have i.MX6 SoloLite 

0 Kudos