GPU in i.mx53 with Yocto 2.4

alexberenshtein
Contributor III

I build system with:

1. i.MX53;

2. Yocto - 2.4 ;

3. Kernel Ver. 4.xxx;

4. Qt Ver.  5.9.xx;

My system is works.  But i have problem with GPU module.

Graphics , with Qt application , run very slow.

I wait  , official release , from "NXP"  with GPU support  , or correct patches for my system .

Maybe  know, when will the official release ,  with GPU support ?

Best regards.

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

kman_devnull
Contributor I

Hello Alex,

Please could you share how to get a yocto build with this configuration:

1. i.MX53;

2. Yocto - 2.4 ;

3. Kernel Ver. 4.xxx;

4. Qt Ver.  5.9.xx;

5. (ignore this if you don't know)

- lvds display(7inch) 

- qtbwebkit

Many thanks.

0 Kudos

cphealy1
Senior Contributor I

Alex, I am currently working with some folks to get OpenGL working correctly with the mainline kernel on the i.MX51 and i.MX53.  Current stack involves 4.19 kernel with patches, Qt 5.11.2, and patched up Mesa (for the GPU.)  Performance is very good but additional testing is still needed.

Can you share what your use cases are beyond being a Qt app?  Are you doing HTML in Qt or Qt3D or something else?  If there is overlap with what I'm working on, perhaps there are opportunities to collaborate.

0 Kudos

cphealy1
Senior Contributor I

Quick update on mainline support for the i.MX51 and i.MX53 and associated GPU.  Support just landed in the 4.21 kernel which will be released in ~9 weeks.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alex

L2.6.35 was latest offical NXP Linux BSP for this part and there are no known plans

for releasing new BSPs as this is old product. Suggest to contact local marketing office

if you have special needs for it. Also may be useful to look on

Submit i.MX53 & i.MX28 Linux kernel patches 

i.MX53, Linux 4.9 and Etnaviv 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos