cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full offline mode for Pins Tool for i.MX Application Processors

mathiaskrusche
Contributor II

Hi,

I installed "Pins Tool for i.MX Application Processors", but i cant connect to the internet via proxy at work.
is there any way around it? E.g. download the full program? Or configure the .ini in a certain way?

Installing on another (open internet) PC, downloading the files for my processor and copying over my installation didn't work unfortunately.

I hope you can help me!

BR

Mathias

0 Kudos
3 Replies

mathiaskrusche
Contributor II

Hi,

unfortunately it is not working within the company's proxy. I tried it on an open connection on another PC and everything was fine.

I guess the parameter "-Djava.net.useSystemProxies=true" doesn't return the needed information. I am not good enough with java to edit the parameters myself so they fit my system (Win7).

Within the program there are no dedicated settings for proxy (besides the drop down menu with native/direct).

As far as I know, internet connection is necessary to download the processor/board list and the processor/board files. Is there a way around this process? Something like a true full offline installation?

(P.S.: System Requirements are fulfilled, I have Internet connection (through a proxy!) , jre1.8.0_51 installed, 8Gb RAM, Win7)

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Pins Tool requires Internet connection for dynamic download of processor database

The following discussion has information for resource that is used by the Pins Tool and should

be allowed in proxy.

https://community.nxp.com/thread/430831 

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I tried the mentioned package

http://cache.nxp.com/files/soft_dev_tools/software/app_software/application_development_framework/Pi...

It is working.

Please read carefully the Release Notes of the package, especially sections System Requirements.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos