cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexcan driver null pointer exception error

dParker_22
Contributor I

Hello,

I am trying to add the flexcan drivers to my existing project in MCUxpresso however i get a null pointer exception when I enable in the manage SDK components window. Does anyone know what I am missing?

Processor: MIMXRT1021CAF4A

SDK: EVK-MIMXRT1020 (v2.10.0, manifest: 3.8.0)

MCUxpresso: v11.4.0

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies

dParker_22
Contributor I

Hello Kerry,

Thank you for responding. I have checked the configuration and it matches. I have then tried to create a new project to test the I2C but this has caused different issues.

When I create a new project through the SDK wizard (I am using the evkmimxrt1020 as the basis but selecting the correct processor), and then select the configuration tool to configure the CAN the wrong processor has been configured by the IDE (despite me selecting the right one) and therefore when it tries to convert to the correct configuration/processor i get many incorrect routing errors which i cant seem to get rid off. 

Is there a way to just remove any routes which are causing issues or get the IDE to configure for the correct processor in the first place?

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @dParker_22 ,

Could you please also give me some screenshot about your issues?

Eg.

1.  the wrong processor has been configured by the IDE (despite me selecting the right one)

2.get many incorrect routing errors 

Then I can check more details, which chip you are selecting, and which wrong processor the IDE is using? 

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @dParker_22 ,

Your issues should still in the code side, when you use the RT1020 SDK flexCAN project directly, you didn't meet the issues, right?

Just when you add the flexcan drivers, then meet issues, you can check your definition, and compare with the SDK code:

SDK_2_10_0_EVK-MIMXRT1020\boards\evkmimxrt1020\driver_examples\flexcan

make sure your code write is correct at first.

If you still have issues, just kindly let me know.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos