cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexCan Filter for IMX1176

tbayram
Contributor IV

Hello, 

Im working flexcan on IMX1176. I need to filter some ID's. is there any example for this. Global or invididual mask should used for this challenge.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

tbayram
Contributor IV

hello @kerryzhou ,

Thanks for your reply.

I saw this SDK example but I can not filter more ID. How can I filter two or more CanBus messages?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @tbayram ,

Thanks for your updated information, happy new year!

If you want to filter more more ID, maybe you mean, pass more ID, then you just neet to check the related ID, and set the related filter register bit to 0, which will don't care that ID bit, and let that ID pass to the CAN RX buffer.

About the filter register, you can check the RT1170RM, and I also post the picture in my last reply!

You also can refer to this post:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT/RT1052-FLEXCAN-for-some-for-example-five-IDs-communication/m-p/...

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @tbayram ,

Thank you for your interest in the NXP MIMRT product, I would like to provide service for you.

Let me tell your the FlexCAN filter function at first, normally, we want to receive some ID from the CAN bus, then just let some ID frame passed the CAN Filter and to receive the related data.

So, the filter is not used to filter what can't receive, just used to filter what can be received.

In fact, the RT1176 FlexCAN demo(flexcan_interrupt_transfer_m7) already have the ID filter, 

kerryzhou_0-1703837737416.png

kerryzhou_1-1703837754964.png

kerryzhou_2-1703837838067.png

To the mask register, when the related bit 0, it is don't case, 1 is checked, so you need to check which mask register data you are needed to receive the IDs which you needed.

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos