Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing iMX8MM-EVK using UUU Tool on Ubuntu

Jump to solution
meetalipatel
Contributor III

Hello,

I am trying to flash the iMX8MM-EVK board using UUU tool but I am facing an issue of USB_TIMEOUT. I am using Ubuntu 16.04 as Host PC. I also tried on Ubuntu 14.04 but facing the same issue.

I have cloned the mfgtool project using the link: https://github.com/NXPmicro/mfgtools.git

Here are the steps I followed:
1. Changed the switch configurations to bring the board to Serial Download Mode.
2. Connected the USB cable and powered on the board.
3. Executed the following command on the host PC:
$ sudo ./uuu -b sd_all imx-boot-imx8mmevk-sd.bin-flash_evk fsl-image-validation-imx-imx8mmevk.sdcard
( The bootloader and .sdcard images are taken from L4.14.78_1.0.0_ga_images_MX8MMEVK release package from the NXP Developer Resources)
On executing the above command, I am getting the following logs on the console on the host PC:
uuu (Universal Update Utility) for nxp imx chips -- libuuu_1.2.135-1-g497a13c
Success 0    Failure 1                                                                                                                                                            
1:2      1/ 1 [HID(W):LIBUSB_ERROR_TIMEOUT           ] SDP: boot -f imx-boot-imx8mmevk-sd.bin-flash_evk 
On executing "dmesg" command, I am getting the kernel logs as follows:
[  560.952858] usb 1-2: new high-speed USB device number 7 using xhci_hcd
[  561.082057] usb 1-2: New USB device found, idVendor=1fc9, idProduct=0134
[  561.082066] usb 1-2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
[  561.082070] usb 1-2: Product: SE Blank M845S 
[  561.082074] usb 1-2: Manufacturer: NXP      SemiConductors Inc 
[  571.080979] hid-generic 0003:1FC9:0134.0004: 
usb_submit_urb(ctrl) failed: -1
[  571.081002] hid-generic 0003:1FC9:0134.0004: timeout initializing reports
[  571.081495] hid-generic 0003:1FC9:0134.0004: hiddev0,hidraw3: USB HID v1.00 Device [NXP      SemiConductors Inc  SE Blank M845S ] on usb-0000:00:14.0-2/input0
Please suggest how can I proceed further.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
kunalkotecha1
Senior Contributor II

Hi meetalipatel,

For applying ROM patch you need to check whether your ROM patch is locked or not.Please go through this link to check whether ROM patch can be applied to your board or not.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,

Kunal

View solution in original post

3 Replies
meetalipatel
Contributor III

Hi Kunal,

In the same guide that you attached above, under the section "Known issue", it states that "some old i.MX8MM board HID can’t work in linux system. Need apply ROM patch to fix. Please contact FAE." 
Can you help me out with this ROM patch.

Thanks & Regards
Meetali Patel

0 Kudos
kunalkotecha1
Senior Contributor II

Hi meetalipatel,

For applying ROM patch you need to check whether your ROM patch is locked or not.Please go through this link to check whether ROM patch can be applied to your board or not.

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

Regards,

Kunal

kunalkotecha1
Senior Contributor II

Hi meetalipatel,

It seem the Ubuntu machine you are using is not compatible. It is recommended to use the Ubuntu 16.14 or above version for UUU tool. Please find the attached pdf for more details regarding UUU tool.

Note:

Regards,

Kunal