Failed to upgrade with update.zip

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to upgrade with update.zip

Contributor III

We're running on IMX8mini, Android9.0, 8G EMMC, flash partition with partition-table-7GB.img, and I can build out the OTA file, update.zip.

And I've verified this .zip file with update_device.py script, to make sure this .zip is not corrupted.

I put this update.zip to the USB stick, and plugin into the device. I checked the UI and the logcat, the system successfully detected this USB stick, and I can browse the files on the USB stick.

But that's all, the system didn't show up the upgrade menu to prompt me to do upgrade, even I waited for hours.

Could anyone give me some tips? As we know, put upgrade.zip to SDcard/USB stick, and plugin into the system, would let system prompt upgrade, which is a standard behavior of Android.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

kunalkotecha1
Senior Contributor II

Hi 13614278@qq.com,

To upgrade the OTA package, there are two ways in default BSP.

1. Updating system from the remote server.
  2. Using android OTA application FSLOta

To follow either of the above methods, please refer to Section 7.2 Implementing OTA update of "Android User's Guide"(attached for your reference). 

Regards,

Kunal

0 Kudos

Contributor III

Thanks you very much.

But I still fell confused, because put update.zip on USB stick to do system upgrade, is a standard Android design.

Why this doesn't work on NXP's Android solution? 

0 Kudos

kunalkotecha1
Senior Contributor II

Hi 13614278@qq.com,

Are you using Automotive Android or standard Android? If it is Automotive, then SystemUpdater may do what you need.

Regards,

Kunal

0 Kudos