Failed to build imx-multimedia image using Yocto

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to build imx-multimedia image using Yocto

vsreekanth
Contributor II

Hi, I am trying to build imx-multimedia image for 'MACHINE=imx8qxpc0mek' using Yocto based commands. I have found tinycompress download error as mentioned in this below post

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors/Failed-to-build-yocto-bsp-for-i-MX8-qxpmek/m-p/875280

I have manually downloaded (1.1.6 version of module from https://github.com/alsa-project/tinycompress/tree/v1.1.6) and placed the folder contents into "imx/downloads/tinycompress-1.1.6-r0" folder within the repo, and started the build using 'bitbake imx-image-multimedia' command. 

I am facing patch apply error as attached:

ERROR: tinycompress-1.1.6-r0 do_patch: Command Error: 'quilt --quiltrc /home/c2b/Downloads/imx/imx8qxpc0mek_wayland/tmp/work/cortexa35-poky-linux/tinycompress/1.1.6-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/etc/quiltrc push' exited with 0 Output:
stdout: Applying patch 0001-tinycompress-Add-id3-decoding.patch
patching file include/tinycompress/id3_tag_decode.h
can't find file to patch at input line 224
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|diff --git a/src/utils/Makefile.am b/src/utils/Makefile.am
|index 1b996d4..e813689 100644
|--- a/src/utils/Makefile.am
|+++ b/src/utils/Makefile.am
No file to patch. Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored
can't find file to patch at input line 236
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
|diff --git a/src/utils/cplay.c b/src/utils/cplay.c
|index 87863a3..2a52b52 100644
|--- a/src/utils/cplay.c
|+++ b/src/utils/cplay.c
No file to patch. Skipping patch.
3 out of 3 hunks ignored
patching file src/utils/id3_tag_decode.c
Patch 0001-tinycompress-Add-id3-decoding.patch does not apply (enforce with -f)

stderr:
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/c2b/Downloads/imx/imx8qxpc0mek_wayland/tmp/work/cortexa35-poky-linux/tinycompress/1.1.6-r0/temp/log.do_patch.4760
ERROR: Task (/home/c2b/Downloads/imx/sources/meta-imx/meta-sdk/recipes-multimedia/tinycompress/tinycompress_1.1.6.bb:do_patch) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 4551 tasks of which 4550 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

Summary: 1 task failed:
/home/c2b/Downloads/imx/sources/meta-imx/meta-sdk/recipes-multimedia/tinycompress/tinycompress_1.1.6.bb:do_patch
Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

vsreekanth
Contributor II

Hello Harvey,

Thanks for the details on build steps. I have downloaded the tinycompress v1.1.6 package from below link

https://github.com/alsa-project/tinycompress/releases/tag/v1.1.6

Downloaded 'tinycompress-1.1.6.tar.gz' and copied it to /downloads folder. Also I could find 'tinycompress.git.done' file too. Still I am facing patch apply error by doing clean/compile. Is this the right repo to use?  The patch is for v1.1.6 branch ?

Attaching the error log and .bb file 

Thanks& Regards,

Sreekanth

0 Kudos

Harvey021
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @vsreekanth 

With normal procedure as bitbake fetch task, the tinycompress file should be placed as below. 

Harvey021_0-1655099566365.png

So, if there is network problem for fetching the tinycompress, we can try to manually download it from its source. But the file should be also with a copy of it with .done

For your case, it would be two files like 'tinycompress-1.1.6.tar.gz' and 'tinycompress-1.1.6.tar.gz.done'. 

Best regards

Harvey

0 Kudos

Harvey021
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @vsreekanth .

When you manually download source files, which should also make a copy of it with suffix as ‘.done’ at the directory ./downloads.

Then, You'd better to clean the failed files for building before downloading it to the targeted directory. 

bitbake -c cleanall tinycompress

Run the command below if you have the sources tinycompress set under the directory /downloads

bitbake -c compile -f tinycompress

If the step above goes well, then good to start the command bitbake imx-image-multimedia

Best regards

Harvey

0 Kudos