Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fail build fsl-image-validation-imx image when externsrc linux

edwardbong
Contributor II

Hi

I am quite new to Yocto. 

I had <devtool modify -x linux-imx> and <devtool modify -x u-boot-imx> to a custom folder. 

I copied and modifed the two generated bbappends and moved them to the custom folder and set that layer to priority 9. 

Assuming I had done everything correctly. I attempted <bitbake core-image-minimal> and <bitbake core-image-sato> and they build successfully.

The below message shows they are referencing the external linux and u-boot.

u-boot-imx-2017.03-r0 do_compile: NOTE: u-boot-imx: compiling from external source tree /home/et/imx8-pci-001/sources/meta-pci/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-imx

linux-imx-4.9.51-r0 do_compile: NOTE: linux-imx: compiling from external source tree /home/et/imx8-pci-001/sources/meta-pci/recipes-bsp/linux/linux-imx

However, building fsl-image-validation-imx will have the following error message:

ERROR: Task do_unpack in /home/et/imx8-pci-001/sources/poky/meta/recipes-kernel/perf/perf.bb depends upon non-existent task do_patch in /home/et/imx8-pci-001/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-bsp/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-imx_4.9.51.bb

Please advise for any recommendations .

regards, Edward

3 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Edward,

You migth have modify the /home/et/imx8-pci-001/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-bsp/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-imx_4.9.51.bb

Or your uboot is not in the path.

edwardbong
Contributor II

Hi Bio_TICFSL

After repo the iMX8MQ bsp sources and adding in my layer with the bbappends of the linux and uboot.

The error is still the same.

ERROR: Task do_unpack in /home/et/imx8-pci-002/sources/poky/meta/recipes-kernel/perf/perf.bb depends upon non-existent task do_patch in /home/et/imx8-pci-002/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-bsp/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-imx_4.9.51.bb
ERROR: Command execution failed: 1

regards, Edward

0 Kudos

edwardbong
Contributor II

Hi Bio_TICFSL

Thank you for your reply.

I will try repo a new sources/ folder and add my custom layer  and build again.

Will let you know the result.

regards, Edward

0 Kudos