Facing issue to bring up Android N on IMX6Q-SDB Board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing issue to bring up Android N on IMX6Q-SDB Board

niravshah
Contributor I

I am trying to bring up Android N on IMX6Q-SDB board.

I am using prebuilt image shared on below link.

Android N7.1.1_1.0.0 Release Announcement 

I  tried to load images using SD card using fsl-sdcard-partition.sh script from source code.

I followed below steps to flash sd card
$ cd ~/myandroid/
$ sudo chmod +x ./device/fsl/common/tools/fsl-sdcard-partition.sh $
sudo ./device/fsl/common/tools/fsl-sdcard-partition.sh -f imx6q /dev/sdX

Then I changed boot switch setting to (SW6) 01000010 (from 1-8 bit) to boot from SD3 slot.
I used below boot arg to boot from SD3 slot and with HDMI display.

setenv fastboot_dev mmc1
setenv bootcmd boota mmc1
setenv ethaddr 00:04:9f:00:ea:d3
setenv fec_addr 00:04:9f:00:ea:d3
setenv bootargs console=ttymxc0,115200 androidboot.console=ttymxc0 consoleblank=0 vmalloc=128M init=/init video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,bpp=32 video=mxcfb1:off video=mxcfb2:off video=mxcfb3:off androidboot.hardware=freescale cma=448M androidboot.selinux=permissive androidboot.dm_verity=disabled
saveenv

But I am only seeing "Android" Written on HDMI screen and not able to get Android command prompt on serial.

Can you please suggest next troubleshooting steps to boot android on IMX6 board or I am doing anything wrong?

Please find attached log file.

Original Attachment has been moved to: flashing_sd_card_logs.txt.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: prebuilt_serial_logs.txt.zip

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Nirav,

You can use the mfgtool in our website to download the images to SD card or emmc on your board. The link is IMX6_N7.1.1_1.0.0_TOOL. Demo images you can download IMX6_N7.1.1_1.0.0_ANDROID_DEMO_SD_BSP.  The images for SD card and emmc are different.
Have a great day,
Rita

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos