Facing issue in generating i.MX Bootable image using elftosb.exe

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing issue in generating i.MX Bootable image using elftosb.exe

khodifadgaurang
Contributor II
We are evaluating iMXRT1050EVKB(REV-A) to flash the image in the HyperFlash memory using MFGTool but we are facing an issue with iMX bootable image generation using elftosb.exe tool(From the Flashloader_RT1050_1.1). 
We are using AN12107.pdf as a reference and followed steps 1-4 from section: 3.4. The windows utility is stopped working in step 4 with the error message "elftosb.exe has stopped working" prompt(Attached screenshot).
My Host system configuration:
System Type: 64 bit OS with x64 based processor
RAM: 8GB
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jay_heng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can also try this tool, with this tool, You can flash bare image into various boot devices easily and don't need to care about headers (ivt, boot data...)

GitHub - JayHeng/nxp-sec-boot-ui: A one-stop GUI tool to work with NXP MCU (Kinetis, i.MXRT, LPC) RO... 

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Looks like the problem concerns the SDK EVKB release (2.3.1):

“The issue is the EVKB examples include the header information (IVT and FCB),

embedded in the source code (XIP folder). When elftosb runs it encounters code

in an area not expected and it stops.”

The following may be helpful:

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-340156 

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

khodifadgaurang
Contributor II

Hi,

We are using SDK-v2.4.0. and as per the document you have suggested that IVT and FCB header issue will not affect when we use MFGTool to flash the firmware also MFGTool link mentioned in the i.MX RT1050 CMSIS-DAP drag-and-drop programming is not accessible.

Please correct me if my understanding is not proper.

Thanks.

0 Kudos