Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FUSEMAP of IMX6SX

abelussi
Contributor III

In u-boot, downloaded by usb serial port, we set by commands below the fusemap:

1 - fuse override 0 6 0x5860

2- fuse override 0 5 0x0010

We have already stored the boot and kernel partition in the eMMC (SD4 ), we set the BOOT MODE as 00 (Boot from fuses).

After "reset" by command in u-boot I aspect that the boot coming from eMMC, but really doesn't start.

Have any suggest ?

Thank in advanced 

Labels (1)
8 Replies

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

One can check if fuse is programmed correctly with imxotp read command.

After boot fail one can connect jtag and check boot configuration (it is copied from fuses)

in registers SRC_SBMR1,2

https://community.nxp.com/thread/340439 

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

abelussi
Contributor III

Hi James

Sorry but link https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-95458not works.

We check  the efuses value by emulator after command "fuse override 0 5 0x00005860" in the register OCOTP_CONFIG4 and it was correct, but after command u-boot reset  as you suggest on the register (SRC_SBMR1,2) we not found the expected value.

Then if you look at the link imx6sx U-BOOT from eMMC rev 5.0 , we program the fuses by command "fuse prog 0 5 0x00005860", and now we read the expected value inSRC_SMBR1,2 but as explain in the new request the board doesn't boot from eMMC.

Thanks

0 Kudos

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Antonio,

I was editing the comment, and you already was able to read it the link was :

i.mx6 eFUSE Burning 

Fuse Command that you are using it is from the Mainline Uboot,  I would suggest that you use the NXP Uboot and imxOTP command.

0 Kudos

abelussi
Contributor III

pastedImage_1.png

We try to set the fuses also in the demoboard of NXP (6SX-SABRE-SDB RevC), with the same result:

1- as you see picture above the configuration fuses is set to boot from SD by SD4, if I use MODE 0/1 to zero (boot from fuses mode )

the CPU doesn't boot

2- if I set the MODE 0/1 to 2 "boot from Intenal Boot" and set the

SW10 - 00000000 

SW11 - 00111000

SW12 - 01000000

In this setting the CPU boot correctly from SD

We analyze signal in the first case and we don't see the SD4_CLK and SD4_CMD move ......

We read also SRC_SMBR1,2 and the values are correct.

It seems that the boot from fuses doesn't work.

Any suggestion ?

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I understand that the boot mode is 00 (Boot from Fuses), what about   the BT_FUSE_SEL fuse has been set ?

0 Kudos

abelussi
Contributor III

We leave to zero

0 Kudos

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

In Boot_From_Fuses mode (00b), BT_FUSE_SEL is used by the boot ROM to control the boot flow.  With BT_FUSE_SEL=0, the boot ROM goes straight into the serial downloader.  With BT_FUSE_SEL=1, the boot ROM attempts to boot from the boot device selected in the boot config fuses.

The intent is to allow a board to be built with a blank i.MX6 and blank memory.  With the board strapped to boot from fuses mode, the device will go straight into serial downloader mode the first time it is booted.  Production equipment would then use this mode to load an image into memory and burn BT_FUSE_SEL.  The next time the board boots, it will run the image.

0 Kudos

abelussi
Contributor III

Thanks