cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASHING OF M4 CORE IN i.MX 8XLite (DXL) Processors

rohitsingh0391
Contributor I

Hello Support Team,

Could we separately flash the M4 core in i.MX 8XLite (DXL) Processors? Or we can only flash the A35 & M4 cores together?

0 Kudos
5 Replies

rohitsingh0391
Contributor I

Hello Support Team,

I apologize for the delayed response as I was ill for a week. I would like to provide a brief overview of our system. We have a TCU (Telematics Control Unit) where M4 is the Power Master and A35 is the Power Slave, both of which are part of the i.MX 8X Lite. The i.MX 8X communicates with the NAD (Network Access Device A7 Core - Power Slave) over Ethernet/USB.

We are currently facing an issue where the NAD is not entering factory mode, which is preventing its initial loading. We would like to identify and analyze the possible reasons for this issue from the i.MX 8X side. Do you have any suggestions on where we can look from the i.MX 8X side to resolve this issue?

Any suggestions where we can have a look from i.MX 8X side?

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hope you are well, it seems this is different question from your original question, you need bring up NAD successfully, as I known, imx8x should support MAC to MAC connection, but you need set in the dts to support this, but I don't have demo for this, you need double check if your dts file settings are correct or not

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

currently we don't have such solution can share with you on the public community, depends on your use case, firstly you need confirm your HW design can work, you also can create a new case for HW design review, then you should set your dts according to your design, current dts is based on nxp evk board, for MAC to MAC connection, we have some customers work with two same board connection already

0 Kudos

rohitsingh0391
Contributor I
Hello,
Do you mean dts file settings in i.MX8x or in NAD? and where I can find this? We use EB Tresos(AUTOSAR) on M4 core. I tried searching dts file after generating the code & compilation, but not able to locate it.
0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

what's your use case? do you need A core communicate with M core?

0 Kudos