cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEC PHY_REGISTER_FIXUP_FOR_UID

himabindu
Contributor III

Hi Team,

Currently I am working on IMX6 Sololite Linux Kernel Version-3.10.17. I tried with the Latest Kernel version-4.1.2.

FEC Driver :-

Can I get the usage of phy_register_fixup_for_uid(PHY_ID_KSZ9021, MICREL_PHY_ID_MASK,ksz9021rn_phy_fixup);
which i came across in Linux Kernel Version-3.0.35 instead of phy-reset.

Thanks & Regards,

C.Himabindu.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sometimes the specific interaction between the platform and the PHY requires special handling.
For instance, to change where the PHY's clock input is, or to add a delay to account for latency issues in the data path.
In order to support such contingencies, the PHY Layer allows platform code to register fixups to be run when the PHY is brought up (or subsequently reset).

When the PHY Layer brings up a PHY it checks to see if there are any fixups registered for it,
matching based on UID (contained in the PHY device's phy_id field) and the bus identifier (contained in phydev->dev.bus_id).
Both must match, however two constants, PHY_ANY_ID and PHY_ANY_UID, are provided as wildcards for the bus ID and UID, respectively.

When a match is found, the PHY layer will invoke the run function associated with the fixup.
This function is passed a pointer to the phy_device of interest.
It should therefore only operate on that PHY.

Have a great day,
Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

himabindu
Contributor III

Hai Victor,

Thankyou for your quick response regarding the phy_uid_fixup.   

Thanks & Regards,

C.Himabindu.

0 Kudos