I have question about Ethernet AVB.
In my understanding, Ethernet AVB needs to confirm to the following standard.
• 802.1BA-2011 AVB (Audio Video Bridging)
• 802.1AS-2011 gPTP (Generalized Time Precision Protocol)
• 802.1Qat-2010 SRP (Stream Reservation Protocol)
• 802.1Qav-2009 FQTSS (Forwarding and Queuing of Time Sensitive Streams)
• 1722-2011 AVTP + MAAP (Audio Video Transport Protocol, MAC Address Acquisition Protocol)
• 1722.1-2013 AVDECC (Audio Video Discovery, Enumeration, Connection Management and Control)
• 1722a D13 AVTP
1. Does i.MX 6SoloX support above standard in hardware ?
2. Does i.MX 6 series except SoloX not support in hardware?
3. if user want to use AVB in i.MX6 except SoloX, user have to use "Audio Video Bridging Software|Freescale" .
Is it correct ?
I would recommend looking at the AVB software specifications (link below) which mentions the standards implemented.
The i.MX6SX does support AVB in Hardware, as mentioned on the i.MX6SX Datasheet, although the individual standards are not specified in detail.
Only the i.MX6SX supports AVB in Hardware in the i.MX6 Series family.
The AVB Software is required in order to have AVB implemented on any of the i.MX6 processors. The difference is that the i.MX6SX does support to run this standard in Hardware and the rest of the i.MX6 requires a Software implementation of the standard.