Errors with ltib when trying to include QT embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors with ltib when trying to include QT embedded

blsousan
Contributor III

So I am trying to add QT embedded to my root file system using ltib.  With the other packages I simply select them, run ltib, and no problems (it adds them to the rootfs).  However, when I tried the QT embedded it had errors in finding the package at the www.bitshrine.org.  (qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.0.tar.gz).  I manually checked and sure enough its gone.

After some googling - I saw where one said that I could simply go get this package myself and put it in the /opt/freescale/pkgs directory and re-run tlib.  I did this but then I get a lot of errors with it can find the libraries (like libpng, etc...).  I verified the libraries do in fact exist.  It also gives a warning of:

"Build path taken because: directory build, no prebuilt rpm,"  and

"You have not explicitly asked to use pkg-config and are cross-compiling."

Do I need to specify in the spec file or other? where the libraries live - or is there a better way of doing this?

Thanks,

Bills

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

blsousan
Contributor III

I got it to work by adding the  -lpng option the build in the spec file.  Wow it is a pain to build qt for the imx.

0 Kudos

OtavioSalvador
Senior Contributor II

It is dead easy to get it working in Yocto :-D Give it a try ;-)

0 Kudos

blsousan
Contributor III

Thanks.  I tried these (basically building it outside of ltib) and still get a linker error where it can not find the  libpng library.  The thing is when is starts, I get this warning:

You have asked to use pkg-config and are cross-compiling.
Please make sure you have a correctly set-up pkg-config
environment!

Warning: PKG_CONFIG_PATH has not been set.  This could mean
the host compiler's .pc files will be used. This is probably
not what you want.

Bills

0 Kudos

dougschwanke
Contributor IV

The link (http://imxcommunity.org/group/imxqt/forum/topics/building-qt-for-imx5x?xg_source=activity) does not work for me.  Is there another link I can use?

Doug

0 Kudos