cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors on repo init following FTF-DES-F1189

Jump to solution
w2vy
Contributor V

I am following page 21 of the slide of F1189 to init the repo and I get errors.

Is this normal?

I just re-downloaded the slides from ftf.freescale.com

Tom

tom@yocto:~$ mkdir fsl-yocto-bsp

tom@yocto:~$ cd fsl-yocto-bsp/

tom@yocto:~/fsl-yocto-bsp$ repo init -u git://git.freescale.com/yocto/fsl-yocto-repo.git -b yocto-fsl-20150622

Get https://gerrit.googlesource.com/git-repo/clone.bundle

Get git://git.freescale.com/yocto/fsl-yocto-repo.git

fatal: Couldn't find remote ref refs/heads/yocto-fsl-20150622

fatal: Couldn't find remote ref refs/heads/yocto-fsl-20150622

fatal: cannot obtain manifest git://git.freescale.com/yocto/fsl-yocto-repo.git

tom@yocto:~/fsl-yocto-bsp$

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
LaurenPost
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tom,

The FTF presentation was based on meta-freescale and I had one bug on that slide - follow the instructions here to align to the presentation.  I updated my slides at end of FTF and the ones online are correct.  This link has the right instructions.fsl-yocto-repo.git - Yocto Project Manifest

However since I'm sure you are not the only one, I went ahead and pushed the branch that matches the FTF presentation so try again (it is the same thing as the link above with the name from the slides).  Make sure to rm .repo (dot repo) before trying the repo init again.  If you are using QorIQ then use the meta-freescale.

If you want to use our i.MX releases on an i.MX board, then you can use our last GA referenced in our documentation

fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git - Freescale i.MX Yocto Project manifests .  You can download the documentation from this link i.MX 6 Series Software and Development Tool R|Freescale

We decided to focus on meta-freescale instructions to avoid confusion but you can use either one.

Lauren

View solution in original post

3 Replies
LaurenPost
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tom,

The FTF presentation was based on meta-freescale and I had one bug on that slide - follow the instructions here to align to the presentation.  I updated my slides at end of FTF and the ones online are correct.  This link has the right instructions.fsl-yocto-repo.git - Yocto Project Manifest

However since I'm sure you are not the only one, I went ahead and pushed the branch that matches the FTF presentation so try again (it is the same thing as the link above with the name from the slides).  Make sure to rm .repo (dot repo) before trying the repo init again.  If you are using QorIQ then use the meta-freescale.

If you want to use our i.MX releases on an i.MX board, then you can use our last GA referenced in our documentation

fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git - Freescale i.MX Yocto Project manifests .  You can download the documentation from this link i.MX 6 Series Software and Development Tool R|Freescale

We decided to focus on meta-freescale instructions to avoid confusion but you can use either one.

Lauren

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please try official BSP on the Web.

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/support_info/IMX6L31428101RN.pdf

https://www.freescale.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L3.14.28_1.0.0_LINUX_DOCS&location=null&fasp=1&Par...

General instrictions how to load and build images are located in

"Freescale_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide.pdf" in doc package.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

w2vy
Contributor V

Yes, I have done that, but I was attempting to reproduce the builds from the presentation given by LaurenPost​ at FTF

0 Kudos