キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

Error when using mk_mx28_sd -u /dev/sdb for placing U-boot onto SD/MMC card

1,894件の閲覧回数
blsousan
Contributor III

I have a brand new i.MX28 EVK and installed the VM with the tools that came with it.  According to the docs, I can simply put the U-boot image onto the SD card by running:

mk_mx28_sd -u /dev/sdb -u  /dev/sdb

However, when I start this command I get:

./mk_mx28_sd: illegal option -- u

ラベル(1)
0 件の賞賛
8 返答(返信)

1,198件の閲覧回数
fluiss
Contributor I

Hi Bills,

We had the same trouble.. again. But it seems your settings are ok. The environmet variable "nfsroot=/tools/roots" it's ok. Just ensure the "serverip" variable is pointing correctly to your host machine.

About the hard-coded settings, there's an Include file (/include/configs/mx28_evk.h... or something like this, I'm writing from memory) where you can change some U-Boot settings for your board; in this case, the mx28 board.

If those things don't work.. mmm.. in LTIB, set the option "Recompile the Kernel".

I hope this can help you!

Rgds!

0 件の賞賛

1,198件の閲覧回数
blsousan
Contributor III

Thanks for all the help!  I am getting close now.  I have it booting the kernel from the host using tftp, however at the tail end, I get the kernal panic because it can not nfs mount the file system (I included the snippet below). 

On my host, I have the file system in  /tools/rootfs

I also tested the nfs mounting by mounting this directory from another PC running linux so I know I have it setup correctly on my host.

uboot environment has nfsroot=/tools/rootfs   So I know this matches.

One question is there "hard-coded" settings in the uImage (the kernel) for where it looks for the nfs mount point?  Is there something else I am missing?

Thanks,

Bills

can: raw protocol (rev 20090105)
RPC: Registered udp transport module.
RPC: Registered tcp transport module.
mxs-rtc mxs-rtc.0: setting system clock to 1970-01-01 01:47:15 UTC (6435)
Root-NFS: No NFS server available, giving up.
VFS: Unable to mount root fs via NFS, trying floppy.
VFS: Cannot open root device "<NULL>" or unknown-block(2,0)
Please append a correct "root=" boot option; here are th

0 件の賞賛

1,198件の閲覧回数
fluiss
Contributor I

Hi Bills,

Well, we had some problems with that. First of all, we use Ubuntu 10.4 in the host machine. We tried with older versions of Ubuntu and it didn't work. In our case, the host machine is the one that gives the IP to the board so we had to make some changes to the DHCP configuration file (/etc/dhcpd.conf) just as stated here:

http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/SystemSetup#Section_4.7.

Where it says 'Filename', it only worked to us when we remove the path and just putting 'uImage'.

If you do this, it doesn't matter the settings in U-Boot. It priorizes the configuration settings in the dhcpd.conf file.

Rgs!

Fernando

0 件の賞賛

1,198件の閲覧回数
blsousan
Contributor III

Thanks!  If you don't mind,  can you let me know what your uboot settings are (those settings you set in the UBoot with setenv).  Also, would you let me know your tfpt settings on your host side?

Thanks!

Bills

0 件の賞賛

1,197件の閲覧回数
katte
Contributor II

In the past there was a bugged version of "mk_mx28_sd" script.
I've appended my file that is ok.

0 件の賞賛

1,197件の閲覧回数
fluiss
Contributor I

I don't know... I used it many times and works "fine". The only problem I have sometimes is that don't recognizes sometimes the SD and I have to connect and disconnet.

Anyway, I started 2 weeks ago with the EVK and the documentation about the MX28, LTIB and U-BOOT is just a caos.

0 件の賞賛

1,198件の閲覧回数
blsousan
Contributor III

Thanks.  I did try the right thing.  I just typed it twice in the post.  Yes I get the error when I enter:

./mk_mx28_sd -u /dev/sdX

However, I wonder if this script is out of date with the docs?  I did get the Uboot loaded simply by editing this script and changing the reference to imx28_linux.sb to imx28_uboot.sb.  Now my board is starting the uboot process.

0 件の賞賛

1,198件の閲覧回数
fluiss
Contributor I

Hi Bills. I don't know if it is an error while typing but the command you put it is wrong. It is:

./mk_mx28_sd -u /dev/sdX

... without the second "-u sdb". You must ensure that the 'X' is the right unit (letter) assigned to your SD.

Rgds.

0 件の賞賛