Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when building Yocto Sumo with Bitbake

Jump to solution
yassine_hayou
Contributor II

Hello NXP Community,

I'm trying to build a Yocto image for my imx8mevk machine, but when i use bitbake, I get this errors :

ERROR: /home/yha/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-sdk/dynamic-layers/qt5-layer/recipes-fsl/images/fsl-image-qt5.bb: No IMAGE_CMD defined for IMAGE_FSTYPES entry 'sdcard' - possibly invalid type name or missing support class
ERROR: /home/yha/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-sdk/dynamic-layers/qt5-layer/recipes-fsl/images/fsl-image-qt5-validation-imx.bb: No IMAGE_CMD defined for IMAGE_FSTYPES entry 'sdcard' - possibly invalid type name or missing support class
ERROR: Failed to parse recipe: /home/yha/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-sdk/dynamic-layers/qt5-layer/recipes-fsl/images/fsl-image-qt5.bb
ERROR: /home/yha/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-sdk/recipes-fsl/images/fsl-image-validation-imx.bb: No IMAGE_CMD defined for IMAGE_FSTYPES entry 'sdcard' - possibly invalid type name or missing support class

Can you help me please ?

I'm using as host machine : ubuntu 18.04 (supported by yocto project)

Best regards,

Yassine

0 Kudos
1 Solution
yassine_hayou
Contributor II

The solution for my error is to change your default shell to bash;

View solution in original post

4 Replies
yassine_hayou
Contributor II

The solution for my error is to change your default shell to bash;

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi yassine,

You configure for another Image type than default. You may try adding them on the local.conf file just to test them although the imx-base.inc is where these variables are originally set.

conf/machine/include/imx-base.inc

-SDCARD_ROOTFS ?= "${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}/${IMAGE_NAME}.rootfs.ext3"

-IMAGE_FSTYPES ?= "ext3 sdcard.gz"

+SDCARD_ROOTFS ?= "${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}/${IMAGE_NAME}.rootfs.ext4"

+IMAGE_FSTYPES ?= "ext4 sdcard.gz"

Regards

0 Kudos
yassine_hayou
Contributor II

Hi,

Thank you for your answer, but it didn't work for me.

I think the problem is coming from the image_types_fsl.bbclass in /sources/meta-freescale/classes, because in the Rocko release  there's this function  IMAGE_CMD_sdcard () and it's  written inside that : 

bbwarn "The '${MACHINE}' is using the i.MX 'sdcard' image format which is deprecated. This image type is going to be removed in next release so please convert this machine to use the wic tool"

In the Sumo release in fact the IMAGE_CMD_sdcard () doesn't exist.

Do you have any idea how to convert the machine to wic tool?

P.S : If I add the function IMAGE_CMD_sdcard () from the old release to the new one, bitbake parses without errors.

Regards,

Yassine

0 Kudos
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

There wic format similar to the sdcard format. I’m investigating if you can add the sdcard format so you get an .sdcard file as output as well.

In the meantime, There is a patch in the works for adding the WKS files to the i.MX8M EVK to the Community BSP. I believe it should be ready soon.

0 Kudos