Error occurred when building Android 11 for imx8m mini

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error occurred when building Android 11 for imx8m mini

Ruban1
Contributor II

Error occurred when building Android 11 for imx8m min but the process was completely build successfully

WARNING 'ddr4_imem_1d.bin' not found, resulting binary is not-functional

/bin/sh: 10: @: not found

Pad file tee.bin NOT found

Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): Node /images/uboot@1 has a unit name, but no reg property
Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): Node /images/fdt@1 has a unit name, but no reg property
Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): Node /images/atf@1 has a unit name, but no reg property
Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): Node /configurations/config@1 has a unit name, but no reg property

Entry Point: unavailable

Kernel: unavailable

leak CONFIG_COMPAT to user-space

out/build-evk_8mm-cleanspec.ninja is missing, regenerating...

0 Kudos
8 Replies

Zhiming_Liu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Do you try to download the images to board?

BR

Zhiming

0 Kudos

Ruban1
Contributor II

The process i have done is given below

i.MX Android BSP Repo Manifest README

This repo is used to download manifests for i.MX Android BSP releases.

The imx-android-11 branch will include all release manifests for Android 11 i.MX releases.
The code is not distributed as patches as previous i.MX Android releases.
Instead the i.MX Android open source is distributed on the https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx
and the proprietary is distributed on nxp.com.   Please download from nxp.com first the proprietary
release and follow the README directions for configuring.  Below are directions for preparation.

To use this manifest repo, the 'repo' tool must be isntalled first.
--------------------------------------------------------
$: mkdir ~/bin
$: curl http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/git-repo-downloads/repo  > ~/bin/repo
$: chmod a+x ~/bin/repo
$: PATH=${PATH}:~/bin

Get the proprietary tarball from nxp.com and setup build:
-----------------------------------------
For imx-android-11.0.0_1.0.0.tar.gz          - Download imx-android-11.0.0_1.0.0.tar.gz from nxp.com.
For imx-automotive-11.0.0_1.1.0.tar.gz       - Download imx-automotive-11.0.0_1.1.0.tar.gz from nxp.com.
For imx-android-11.0.0_1.2.0.tar.gz          - Download imx-android-11.0.0_1.2.0.tar.gz from nxp.com.

- unzip the package
- Run the build setup script in the tarball as specified in the README - example below
- This donwloads the public Android open source and copies the proprietary to the appropriate locations

Example below
$: tar xvf imx-android-11.0.0_1.0.0.tar.gz
$: source ./imx-android-11.0.0_1.0.0/imx_android_setup.sh

Setup build environment:
-------------------------
- Set up the environment for building. This only configures the current terminal.
$ source build/envsetup.sh

- Execute the Android lunch command.
lunch command can be issued with an argument <Build name>-<Build type> or can be issued without the argument presenting a menu of selection.
$ lunch <Build name>-<Build type>
(Example: Build name :mek_8q Build type: userdebug)
Check Android User's Guide for more details

- Execute the "imx-make.sh" script to generate the image.
$ ./imx-make.sh -j4 2>&1 | tee build-log.txt
When the make command is complete, the build-log.txt file contains the execution output. Check for any errors.
0 Kudos

Ruban1
Contributor II

The process i have done according to NXP

downloaded Demo image and android source tried both images

The commands to Build

$: mkdir ~/bin

$: curl https://storage.googleapis.com/git-repo-downloads/repo > ~/bin/repo

$: chmod a+x ~/bin/repo

$: export PATH=${PATH}:~/bin

$: source ./imx-android-11.0.0_1.0.0/imx_android_setup.sh

$ cd ${MY_ANDROID}

$ sudo tar -xvJf gcc-arm-8.3-2019.03-x86_64-aarch64-linux-gnu.tar.xz -C /opt

$ export AARCH64_GCC_CROSS_COMPILE=/opt/gcc-arm-8.3-2019.03-x86_64-aarch64-linux-gnu/bin/aarch64-linux-gnu-

$ source build/envsetup.sh

$ lunch mek_8q-userdebug

$ ./imx-make.sh -j4 2>&1 | tee build-log.txt

The command flash

$ sudo ${MY_ANDROID}/device/nxp/common/tools/imx-sdcard-partition.sh -f mx8mm /dev/sdX

0 Kudos

Ruban1
Contributor II

i have only done flashing through SD card and interested to IMX8M MINI  .i dont know how to download to the board through SD card

0 Kudos

Zhiming_Liu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos

Ruban1
Contributor II

Can i get any Video support LINK of the Process for IMX8M mini .Completely from Build image to Flashing to SD card and operating through minicom in Ubuntu OS and step to be carried out.

0 Kudos

Ruban1
Contributor II

Sir , You have sent me for IMX8M PLUS . i am working on IMX8M MINI..and i tried that procedure for IMX8M MINI. the problem i am facing is the UUU file version downloaded from git hub. But my Ubuntu OS of supports latest version 1.4.107 .i am not able to downgrade . Even if i download it cannot be pasted in /snap/bin path as per procedure Install UUU into a directory contained by the system environment variable of "PATH"

0 Kudos

shamiullah
Contributor III

Hi @Ruban1

May i know how your issue got resolved. At present i am facing the similar issue 

./../scripts/pad_image.sh tee.bin
Pad file tee.bin NOT found
./../scripts/pad_image.sh bl31.bin
./../scripts/pad_image.sh u-boot-nodtb.bin phycore-imx8mm.dtb
TEE_LOAD_ADDR=0xbe000000 ATF_LOAD_ADDR=0x00920000 VERSION=v1 ./print_fit_hab.sh 0x0 phycore-imx8mm.dtb
0x40200000 0x3000 0xA6690
0x402A6690 0xA9690 0x7640
0x920000 0xB0CD0 0x91E0
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/shamiullah/work/projects/office/boards/imx8mm/android_source/imx-android-11.0.0_1.0.0/android_build/vendor/nxp-opensource/imx-mkimage'
/bin/sh: 10: [[: not found

Can you please let me know the solution

Thanks & Regards,

Shamiullah

0 Kudos