Error flashing JB4.3 eMMC images using Mfgtools-Rel-13.01.00_ER_MX6Q_UPDATER on SabreSD

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error flashing JB4.3 eMMC images using Mfgtools-Rel-13.01.00_ER_MX6Q_UPDATER on SabreSD

PKZ
Contributor III

The following issues on SabreSD board with JB4.3_1.0.0 images.

1) Initially there was build error, and I follow the community page (https://community.freescale.com/thread/307477) to resolve and generated the uImage & uboot.bin for Mfg tool.

2) with the generated uboot & uImage, I am getting following  error. The detail logs is attached.

UTP: received command '$ dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=512 seek=1536 count=16'

UTP: executing "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=512 seek=1536 count=16"

16+0 records in

16+0 records out

8192 bytes (8.0KB) copied, 0.013123 seconds, 609.6KB/s

UTP: sending Success to kernel for command $ dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=512 seek=1536 count=16.

utp_poll: pass returned.

UTP: received command '$ echo 1 >mmc0: DO NOT switch the partitions that used to be

accessed in OS layer HERE. please following the

guidance of Documentation/mmc/mmc-dev-parts.txt.

/sys/devices/platform/sdhci-esdhc-imx.3/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0:0001/boot_config'

UTP: executing "echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/sdhci-esdhc-imx.3/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0:0001/boot_config"

sh: write error: Invalid argument

UTP: sending Non-success to kernel for command $ echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/sdhci-esdhc-imx.3/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0:0001/boot_config.

utp_poll: exit with status 256

Original Attachment has been moved to: ucl2.xml.zip

Labels (2)
6 Replies

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

PKZ

This discussion is closed since no activity. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion, or create another discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

PKZ

Had your issue got resolved? If yes, we are going to close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,
Yixing

0 Kudos

frodolai
Contributor IV

Hi PKZ,

I saw the same issue on the Linux L3.0.35_4.1.0 source code. I searched and found the root cause is the ENGR00268442 mmc: remove the boot partition access codes on 3.0.35.

linux-2.6-imx.git - Freescale i.MX Linux Tree

What you can do is to modify the ucl2.xml as described in Documentation/mmc/mmc-dev-parts.txt.

I changed the command

echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/sdhci-esdhc-imx.3/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0:0001/boot_config

to

echo 0 > /sys/block/mmcblk0boot0/force_ro

and got it worked on my board. Maybe you can give it a try and let me know your test result.

Frodo

0 Kudos

frodolai
Contributor IV

Forgot to mention that you need to change the u-boot destination too.

echo 0 > /sys/block/mmcblk0boot0/force_ro

dd if=$FILE of=/dev/mmcblk0boot0 bs=1k seek=1 skip=1 conv=fsync

poonguzhalip
Contributor II

Thanks. This worked for me.

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi PKZ,

Maybe you can take i.MX6SL eMMC boot for reference. Hope this can help you ~~

Best Regards