cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error build Linux 2.6.35 kernel with minicom

JayWilliamStubb
Contributor II

Hi All,

I wanted to include minicom in my kernel to assist me in debugging my Host USB Serial port on the i.MX28 EVK. I have Linux 2.6.35 installed. I first ran into problems after selecting minicom in LTIB and trying to build the kernel. Minicom wasn't found. I was able to get Tech Support to send me the missing file (minicom_2.2.orig.tar.gz), but when I build the kernel, I get errors (window.h:154: error: conflicting types for 'wprintf'). See the attached file for a complete screen dump.

Any ideas on how to get this to build correctly? Is there a patch?

Is there a later version that works or an alternative that will do the same things?

Tags (2)
3 Replies

kurt1z
Contributor I

Thanks James,

for the solution, I have had the same problem on the imx53qsb board.

gr.

Kurt

James Robinson said:

I am running LTIB for the iMX28EVK, I did an upgrade to the minicom to compile the 2.6.1 version, and it compiled fine.

To do this, edit the dist/lfs-5.1/minicom/minicom.spec and replace the Version with 2.6.1 from 2.2 Also replace the version in the URL field..

You can get the source from:

http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/m/minicom

It is at the bottom of the listings. Copy it into the /opt/freescale/pkgs and rebuild with ./ltib

Hope it helps.....

James

0 Kudos

JamesRobinson
Contributor II

I am running LTIB for the iMX28EVK, I did an upgrade to the minicom to compile the 2.6.1 version, and it compiled fine.

To do this, edit the dist/lfs-5.1/minicom/minicom.spec and replace the Version with 2.6.1 from 2.2 Also replace the version in the URL field..

You can get the source from:

http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/m/minicom

It is at the bottom of the listings. Copy it into the /opt/freescale/pkgs and rebuild with ./ltib

Hope it helps.....

James

enaud
Contributor III

Also me have this error!!!!

0 Kudos