Encoding H.264 & H.265 using vpu_wrapper.h ?

取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 
已解决

Encoding H.264 & H.265 using vpu_wrapper.h ?

跳至解决方案
1,518 次查看
ari-san_24
Contributor II

Hi,

We have an EDM-G-WB board with an i.MX8 M+ SoM.

We want to use the VPU API for the following:

• H.264 encoding with different profiles
  • H.265 encoding.

Is that possible using vpu_wrapper.h ?

If so, how?

If not, is it possible to use the functions in hantro_VC8000E_enc/hevcencapi.h ?

Thanks in advance for any help / information!

Ari S.

0 项奖励
1 解答
1,442 次查看
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ari

>How can I use different profiles for encoding H.264 and H.265?

unfortunately, vpu_wrapper cannot be used to select any profile for encoding, nor for H.264 or H.265.

I asked internally, please see below the internal answer received:

------------------

"Currently there is no option as part of the VPU wrapper to configure the profile levels. The reason being, the Encoder can only be configured against constant bitrate  (or) variable bit rate. The bitrate algorithm that is part of the Encoder completely hides the user from selecting the various encoding options, as bitrate is what finally everyone will look to when configuring the encoder."

------------------

Best regards
igor

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 项奖励
4 回复数
1,501 次查看
ari-san_24
Contributor II

Hi Igor,

Thanks very much for your reply and info links. I had read the IMX VPU API Reference Manual.

I'm afraid my question was not specific enough. What I actually meant, was: How can I use different profiles for encoding H.264 and H.265?

1. Is it possible to select BP, MP, or HP profile for encoding an H.264 stream?
The API reference manual lists BP/MP/HP H.264 profiles, but apparently only for decoding.

2. Is it possible to select different H.265 profiles, or even change any parameters for H.265? 
VpuEncOpenParams contains a union VpuEncStdParam with only 3 values: mp4Param, h263Param, or avcParam.
All the HEVC descriptions also seem to refer to decoding...

Thanks,
Ari

1,443 次查看
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ari

>How can I use different profiles for encoding H.264 and H.265?

unfortunately, vpu_wrapper cannot be used to select any profile for encoding, nor for H.264 or H.265.

I asked internally, please see below the internal answer received:

------------------

"Currently there is no option as part of the VPU wrapper to configure the profile levels. The reason being, the Encoder can only be configured against constant bitrate  (or) variable bit rate. The bitrate algorithm that is part of the Encoder completely hides the user from selecting the various encoding options, as bitrate is what finally everyone will look to when configuring the encoder."

------------------

Best regards
igor

0 项奖励
1,419 次查看
ari-san_24
Contributor II

Hi Igor,

Thank you for checking!
I will keep hoping that this feature might be added in a future version.

Best Regards,
Ari

0 项奖励
1,511 次查看
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ari

yes vpu_wrapper.h can be used for encoding, one can refer to   i.MX VPU API Reference Manual​

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors-Knowledge-Base/i-MX-8-GStreamer-User-Guide/ta-p/1098942

Best regards
igor