cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable Trusty support in i.MX8MQ device

pratik_manvar
Contributor III

Hello All,

We are using i.MX8MQ based custom board and Android_p9.0.0_2.0.0 source code.

I want to enable/integrate trusty support and RPMB related stuff in i.MX8MQ device.
Is there any document from NXP which explains step by step procedure for changes to be done in Android source code?

Thank You,
Pratik Manvar

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello patrik_mamvar,

You would need to follow the instructions on the Android User’s Guide (link below, as this is the latest version, if you want to look for it at a later date you may need to download the documentation package for this BSP)

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/ANDROID_USERS_GUIDE.pdf

You can find the instructions to do that in our release user guide. Once you have fused, you cannot change it. So be careful to do that.

Regards

0 Kudos

pratik_manvar
Contributor III

Hello @Bio_TICFSL ,

Thank you for your support.

We are using Android_p9.0.0_2.0.0 docs from NXP release and it's Android_User's_Guide.pdf doesn't explain about trusty OS initialization and RPMB test key.
I hope, the explanation in Android-10 user-guide is applicable for Android_p9.0.0_2.0.0 as well. Please confirm.

I am following the instruction from the Android User’s Guide you have provided and having below queries.

1. In the section-8.6, it explains the command to fetch Trusty OS source for i.MX8 products.
I don't see any menifest file like "imx-trusty-p9.0.0_2.0.0.xml" in "imx-android-pie" branch available in below link.
https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/imx-manifest/tree/?h=imx-android-pie

How can I get the Trust OS source for i.MX8 Android_p9.0.0_2.0.0?

2. In the section-8.6.1 it explains that to initialize the secure storage for Trusty OS, need to set the RPMB key.
But, I am not able to run below command to stage the RPMB key from my Ubuntu 16.04 PC
It always show me usage when I enter this command as below. 

$ sudo fastboot -i 0x0525 stage rpmb_key_test.bin
usage: fastboot [ <option> ] <command>

Thanks,
Pratik Manvar
0 Kudos