cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable HDMI on i.MX6UL-EVK

alanlow
Contributor II

Hi,

I would like to enable the HDMI output on the i.MX6UL-EVK. Is it possible to do so using u-boot, kernel, rootfs and dtb images provided in Mfgtool v4.1.15-1.0.0?

If possible then how to configure to make my video output to HDMI?

For hardware we need the following:

1 x HDMI transmitter (siL9022)

4 x inductors for L001, L002, L003 and L004

any others else?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

From the hardware point of view, the answer is: yes, it is possible to implement the HDMI output on the i.MX6UL EVK board just by populating the U1001 SiI9022 parallel-to-HDMI converter/transmitter, L1001 to L1004 inductors and U1002, U1003 protection circuits. From the software point of view, the additional software module that performs the initial configuration of the SiI9022 transmitter through I2C interface may be required. For more information on that, refer to the SiI9022 Data Sheet document. Also, refer to the Chapter 16 of the attached document. It is about i.MX6SoloLite, however, its Enhanced LCD Interface (eLCDIF) module is similar to the one of i.MX6UltraLite, and the i.MX6SoloLite driver supports the SiI9022 transmitter on the add-on card, whereas on the i.MX6UL EVK, the transmitter is onboard.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

alanlow
Contributor II

Beside enable HDMI support in the kernel, is there anything else?

How about the u-boot configuration? (Eg: adding the HDMI display info to the "displays" array..)

Do we need to add anything to the imx6ul-14x14-evk.dts?

0 Kudos