Elliptic Crypto on iMX7 CAAM ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elliptic Crypto on iMX7 CAAM ?

mborgatti
Contributor I

Hello I am new to this community, but I wanted to ask a question since I could not find anything relevant so far. I started a project with i.MX7 on a SABRE board and I wanted to use CAAM HW accelerators to compute

ECDSA sign and verify

ECDH key agreement

ECDSA and ECDH key generation

is the above supported under Linux ? If not is there any example code on how to interface the CAAM to run the above functions ?

If there is no support under Linux I  may consider the option of running the CAAM from the M4 core (baremetal). Is there any reference or example code to do that ?

Thank you in advance for any help to clarify what the options are.

Best regards

Michele

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Elliptic algorithms are part of i.MX7 security system; for details please refer to the i.MX7

security Reference Manual.

Re: Security Reference Manual for i.MX7 

Standard  NXP BSP does not support elliptic math;  it only enables cryptodev for accelerating 

symmetric algorithms and hashing algorithms, does not support asymmetric algorithms(RSA, ECC).

Sorry, we also do not have examples how to use elliptic algorithms under CAAM from the M4 core.

You may create request to get some information about enhanced cryptodev and its engine in OpenSSL.

Support|NXP 

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

mborgatti
Contributor I

Hello,

thank you. I looked at the OpenSSL with enhanced cryptodev. Actually the supported version of OpenSSL on imx7 is version 1.0.2 that does not include curve25519 that is what we would like to use. Curve 25519 is supported in OpenSSL from version 1.1.0.

Does an example of using CAAM with curve 25519 (sing/verify and key agreement) exist ?

Thanks

Michele Borgatti

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I answered in case 00145060.

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos