EPDC "TCE underrun" with high resolution 3200x1200 on DualLite sabresd evaluation kit

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPDC "TCE underrun" with high resolution 3200x1200 on DualLite sabresd evaluation kit

yitelee
Contributor I

BSP: ICS 4.0.4 + EINK patch to enable EPDC functionality.

target board: SABRESD + DualLite  evaluation kit

Hi Guys~

I am using DualLite on E-Reader product, I got a problem when i replace panel parameters to my target resolution, 3200(source)x1200(gate), 85Hz FrameRate

then error message "imx_epdc_fb imx_epdc_fb: TCE underrun! Will continue to update panel" shown on the console print

, I have no idea how to solve this issue, can anyone help?

I only replace the setting used for E060SCM panel as following

struct fb_videomode
.name"e060scm_mode"
.refresh85
.xres3200
.yres1200
.pixclock240000000
.left_margin16
.right_margin693
.upper_margin12
.lower_margin8
.hsync_len16
.vsync_len12
.sync0
.vmodeFB_VMODE_NONINTERLACED
.flag0

struct mxc_epdc_fb_mode
struct fb_videomode *mode&e060scm_mode
vscan_holdoff10
sdoed_width10
sdoed_delay20
sdoez_width10
sdoez_delay20
GDCLK_HP1707
GDSP_OFF1350
GDOE_OFF0
gdclk_offs186
num_ce2
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Yite,

TCE Underrun in EPDC, is caused by a corner condition: when the LUT[n] finished waveform loading but still working on WB processing, the LUT[n+1:15] waveform loading will be hold. It will be triggered when the working buffer processing time for LUT[n] spans over 2 blanking periods.

One frame scan of data will be corrupted on the frame in which the TCE underrun occurred. All subsequent frames will be correct.

The issue may be resolved by implementing one or all of the below workarounds: 1. When update is submitted, ensure the LUT acquires a higher LUT number than current active LUTs. — Order— LUT[0], LUT[1], LUT[15] — If LUT[15] is in use, TCE Underrun could still occur if new update is sent. 2. Ignore TCE Underrun IRQ — If TCE Underrun occurs, EPD hardware will continue to complete the update. — On frame where TCE Underrun occurs, the frame's data will be corrupted. All pixels will receive the last value in the FIFO. The rest of frames for an update are accurate. 3. Time update request with Frame End IRQ — If the update is submitted to the EPD, just after the VSCAN hold off, it will allow for ~2 full frames or over 23.4 mS to complete WB preprocessing for an 85-Hz panel. 4. Increase DRAM bandwidth to ensure the working buffer processing finishes within 1 frame scan. — For example, if the TCE Underrun occurs when the DRAM clock = 160 MHz, increase the DRAM clock to 200 MHz.

Latest Android BSPs versions implemented the workaround already. However looks like is not implemented to 4.0.x

Hope this helps.

cbg1
Contributor II

Hello Bio_TICFSL,

Pls send me the patch also. i am facing this issues now. 

Thanks,

Brian

0 Kudos

nobuyukihayama
Contributor I

Hello Bio_TICFSL

Do you have this patch for ICS?

or, If you know where is this patch download, pls let me know.

If you don't have this patch, do you have source code that is included this workaround? ( this is not for ICS ), please give it to me.
If I get it, I can confirm difference.

Best Regards

nob

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Yite Lee,

Which version BSP are you using? The BSP in freescale website?

Have a nice day

Best Regards

Dan

0 Kudos

yitelee
Contributor I

Dear Dan,

Android 13.4.1 BSP  (which support Android 4.0.4 ICS)

It is an old version currently not available on the website, this is from product which used before.

Thx.

0 Kudos