EIM continous burst length

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EIM continous burst length

fpgaace
Contributor I

Our application basically needs to transfer approx. 175 32bit words, ideally in one EIM burst.  Is this possible and if so how?  The docs mention EIM 'continuous burst length' (see snippets below) but with no helpful info.  Our local Freescale FAEs don't know either.  Does anyone?

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Continuous burst length is used to read / write any (reasonable) amount of data

from / to an external device via the EIM by internal (i.MX6) masters, such as core caches

or SDMA, when a number of bytes may be application dependent, assuming the EIM in itself
does not split the access . In any case the access should be finished by the internal master. 
As for continuous burst of 175 32-bit words, I am afraid, i.MX6 masters do not support it. 

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

fpgaace
Contributor I

Thanks Yuri,

Is there documentation with the details needed to design this capability into our application? 

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I am afraid, there are no app notes / examples how to use the 
continuous burst mode.
Two mains ideas are behind this mode :

- burst length is not predefined ;
- wrap is not needed.

~Yuri.

0 Kudos