EGL/Opengl ES Problems

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EGL/Opengl ES Problems

obigose
Contributor I

We use EGL/Opengl ES to implement WebGL.

However, we can not load webgl page like attached image file.

On PC, it works very well.

I think your EGL/OPENGL libraries do not support well.

Please support for our problem.

- By Obigo-

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

andre_silva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Obigo,

WebGL support is under development and will be available on second half of 2013.

when you said that on PC it works well did you mean running on top of OpenGL right ?

regards,

Andre

0 Kudos

robertobecchini
Contributor I

Hello Andre,

I'm also interested in this WebGL support discussed in this thread. And I've a basic question to you guys: what do you exactely means by "WebGL support here"? My understanding is that if OpenGL/EGL acceleration is provided by your BSP implementation making WebGL working should be rather a job for the chosen WebGL implementation (in my case that is Qt/Webkit platform on Linux 3.x and iMX6).

So I'm probably missing something here.

Thanks for your help.

Roberto

0 Kudos

Rodrigue
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Roberto,

WebGL requires specific GLX extensions (GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap) that is currently not supported by Vivante drivers.

But you are right when you say that a full OpenGL ES 2.0 should be enough. So currently we are working at that with Vivante, and it should be supported in the coming 3.5.7 based BSP.

br,

Rod

0 Kudos

andre_silva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rod, thanks for helping here.

0 Kudos

robertobecchini
Contributor I

Hi Rodrigue,

thanks for this quick reply. That helped a lot.

So it's matter of needed OpenGL extentions from WebGL (and dependant extensions of course).

Is the extension you named the only one missing?

Also is this meaning that WebGL is not working at all, or is that depending of actual scene being rendered (may be scene not using some specific OpenGL feature/extension)?

Is EGL also impacted? I think so but not really knowing what precisely :smileyhappy:

Thanks

Roberto

0 Kudos

Rodrigue
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andre,

WebGL should be a very important part of the sw deivered by my ctm to their ctm.

May you give me a more refined schedule?

would it be possible to get a pre-release?

Thanks in advance for your feedback

0 Kudos

andre_silva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi  Hi Rodrigue, I already answered you by email =), unfortunately I can´t share those information here, for Customers, it is still being decided whether webgl will be support on 4.x or just only in 5.x gpu driver.

as Regards,

An Andre

0 Kudos