Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECSPI pin voltage

Jump to solution
niklasmolin
Senior Contributor I

Hi.

I was trying to find this info in the i.MX6 documents.

I wonder if the i.MX6 can work on 3.3 and 1.8 V on the or is it only 3.3V?

If so, do I have to set a register to change the voltage?

Thanks,

Niklas

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

From IOMUX tool:

ecspi.png

You can see that when using pin muxing options above, ECSPI1 signals belong to NVCC_EIM0 power group, ECSPI2 signals to NVCC_EIM1 and ECSPI3 to NVCC_LCD. Datasheet specifies voltage range for these power groups, which for EIM0, EIM1 and LCD are from 1.65V up to 3.6V, with typical values of 1.8V, 2.8V or 3.3V. So you could have ECSPI1 on 3.3V, ECSPI2 on 1.8V and ECSPI3 on 2.8V, for example. There's other signals, GPIOs etc. belonging to these power groups, so keep that in mind, as all I/Os within one power group will work on same operating voltage.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

From IOMUX tool:

ecspi.png

You can see that when using pin muxing options above, ECSPI1 signals belong to NVCC_EIM0 power group, ECSPI2 signals to NVCC_EIM1 and ECSPI3 to NVCC_LCD. Datasheet specifies voltage range for these power groups, which for EIM0, EIM1 and LCD are from 1.65V up to 3.6V, with typical values of 1.8V, 2.8V or 3.3V. So you could have ECSPI1 on 3.3V, ECSPI2 on 1.8V and ECSPI3 on 2.8V, for example. There's other signals, GPIOs etc. belonging to these power groups, so keep that in mind, as all I/Os within one power group will work on same operating voltage.

0 Kudos