DualLite i.MX6 2 RAM chips

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DualLite i.MX6 2 RAM chips

massimo2
Contributor III

Hello, may i ask if i'm using only 2 ram modules(32 data lines).  Should i use only one clock and one chip select or there are a suggested configuration to maximize performance like 1-2 CLK and both chip select?
I think one clock and 2 chip select could be the right choice.

Thank you in advice

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
6 Replies

massimo2
Contributor III

Thank you. That is what i was looking for.

0 Kudos

massimo2
Contributor III

Thank you so much.

However i have one more question.
I saw on a sabre reference design that they use 2 clocks Enable for 2 Clocks signals but only one chip select.
May you can configure only one clock enable for both clocks signals? Infact this case scenario allow me to use the second CLK enable and the second CS for dual bank RAM chips in order to upgrade ram density by using Dual bank ram instead single bank.
Only if you know the answer....otherwise i will read the manual again, no problem. We will hardly need to upgrade ram density.
Thank you in advance for your help.

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Massimo Romano,

Maybe I didn’t understand very well but each Clock Enable signal has it’s own control and you cannot use one clock enable for both clocks. However, you may use both clock enables to control the clocks and use them at the same time.

You could use one clock and one chip select on your two RAM modules and leave the other clock and chip select available in case you want to switch to twin-die RAM modules in case you want to increase RAM density.

I hope this helps!
Regards,

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Massimo Romano,

There is not a set rule, so you may use one clock and two chip selects although the chip select should be able to drive both chips.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos

massimo2
Contributor III

Thank you.

One more thing
I'm unable to find the .xls file for ram configurations. Is there any for dual lite?

(I found it for DDR3 here, but i'm using DDR3L... is it the same? i think yes)

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Massimo Romano,

That's correct, you may use the DDR3 file to configure for DDR3L memory on the i.MX6DL.

I hope this helps!

Regards,