cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual displays on i.MX Solo

Jump to solution
jwgnielander
Contributor I

Hi, we're looking at connecting 2 Displays (RGB and LVDS) to an i.MX6 Solo which only has 1 IPU. For both displays we prefer each to have distinct background and foreground planes automatically combined by the Display Processor. Now it seems the Display Processor only supports one so-called synchronous flow, and if understood correctly the secondary flow channels (idmac 24+29) can only be used for asynchronous(smart?) displays.

First question is if LVDS/RGB Displays are considered synchronous displays?

And if so is it correct that one IPU only supports plane combining to one of them?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
rogerio_silva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi jwgnielander

The current IPU driver for i.MX6Solo/Dual light only supports 2 frames on one display and 1 frame on a secondary display.

You can try to add a new framebuffer and make the combine process on IC or on VDIC modules. (VDIC is better because it reaches 240MP/sec against 40MP/sec on IC).

LVDS and RGB (VGA output) are considered synchronous displays.

Rgds

Rogerio

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
rogerio_silva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi jwgnielander

The current IPU driver for i.MX6Solo/Dual light only supports 2 frames on one display and 1 frame on a secondary display.

You can try to add a new framebuffer and make the combine process on IC or on VDIC modules. (VDIC is better because it reaches 240MP/sec against 40MP/sec on IC).

LVDS and RGB (VGA output) are considered synchronous displays.

Rgds

Rogerio

0 Kudos