Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual display on imx6 android

Jump to solution
kirangv
Contributor III

Hi,

We have LVDS and HDMI display connected to imx6 board and both displays are showing mirrored contents.

But when i query , its always returning display count as 1.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DisplayManager manager = (DisplayManager) getSystemService(DISPLAY_SERVICE);
Display[] displays = manager.getDisplays(DisplayManager.DISPLAY_CATEGORY_PRESENTATION);
Log.w("Display", "Display No = " + displays.length);

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why the display count is not shown as 2,  since we have HDMI and LVDS connected ?

Labels (4)
1 Solution
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I have confirmed it for you, that the default BSP can not support your above requirement. You want the HDMI and LVDS screen display different conten, here you need do BSP modify. I can send you the patch for i.MX6 Triple Display application. You can refer to and follow the document and patch. The files are large, here I share it with you bellow.

Link: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1nuLC30l Password: au72
Have a great day,
Rita

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

12 Replies
kirangv
Contributor III

After enabling  - "Android Settings à Developer Options à Drawing à Simulate secondary displays" , the display count is incremented.

New screens are coming on the same display(HDMI) as overlay. We want the new screens to be shown in different display(LVDS).

Any suggestions on what to be done ?

IMG_20170420_150113.jpg

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

In the android BSP, it default support the dual display LVDS and HDMI. If the first display is LVDS, The HDMI as second display, the content on the HDMI screen is scale content from LVDS.
Have a great day,
Rita

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
kirangv
Contributor III

Thank you for the reply.

We want to run one application on HDMI and another application on LVDS (not same content), is it possible on Android BSP ? 

If yes could you please direct us. 

Our board : iMX6Q SABRE AI CPU + Base Borad

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I have confirmed it for you, that the default BSP can not support your above requirement. You want the HDMI and LVDS screen display different conten, here you need do BSP modify. I can send you the patch for i.MX6 Triple Display application. You can refer to and follow the document and patch. The files are large, here I share it with you bellow.

Link: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1nuLC30l Password: au72
Have a great day,
Rita

raybloodworth
Contributor II

Is there Android 7.1 patches released?

0 Kudos
kirangv
Contributor III

I have successfully applied all the patches except one from "i.MX6DQP_Android_M_6.0.1_TripleDisplay_Beta".

Could you please help me on resolving this ?

Error Log :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

root@ubuntu:/home/developer/myandroid/device/fsl-proprietary# git am 0001-Triple-Display.patch
Applying: Triple Display
error: the patch applies to 'fsl-hwc/hwcomposer_fsl.imx6.so' (37862f399c36c6ade3683edebbc54f6d749d4f69), which does not match the current contents.
error: fsl-hwc/hwcomposer_fsl.imx6.so: patch does not apply
Patch failed at 0001 Triple Display
The copy of the patch that failed is found in:
/home/developer/myandroid/device/fsl-proprietary/.git/rebase-apply/patch
When you have resolved this problem, run "git am --continue".
If you prefer to skip this patch, run "git am --skip" instead.
To restore the original branch and stop patching, run "git am --abort".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
kirangv
Contributor III

I am able to successfully show different contents on both HDMI and LVDS screen.

But I am loosing the touch capability on HDMI while showing different contents and i need a mouse to continue work.

If the contents are same on both screens then this issue is not present.

As I have mentioned above , I was unable to apply one patch "root@ubuntu:/home/developer/myandroid/device/fsl-proprietary# git am 0001-Triple-Display.patch".

If this can cause the issue then could you please provide the  "fsl-hwc/hwcomposer_fsl.imx6.so".

Else please guide me on this issue.

Thanks,

Kiran

cheungsilver
Contributor I

Did you solve the problem you mentioned above . I have met the same issue . 

error: the patch applies to 'fsl-hwc/hwcomposer_fsl.imx6.so' (37862f399c36c6ade3683edebbc54f6d749d4f69), which does not match the current contents.
error: fsl-hwc/hwcomposer_fsl.imx6.so: patch does not apply

0 Kudos
kirangv
Contributor III

No , I could not resolve this issue.

I did asked this as a separate thread in Touch not working on i.MX6 Android Dual display.

Waiting for the reply. 

0 Kudos
kirangv
Contributor III

Thank you for the confirmation and the patch.

I will check the patch and come back.

Thank you,

Kiran

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Are you using the MCIMX6QAICPU board?

Have a nice day

Rita

0 Kudos