Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual display kmssik is not working on 5.4 - zeus build

Jump to solution
rutvij_trivedi
Contributor II

Hi,

I am working with 5.4.27 zues build with i.mx8mqevk.

with 4.14 I am able to use kmssink and waylandsink (and glimagesink) for dual display case , but when i upgraded to mentioned build i am only able to use waylandsink (glimagesink) ,, but can not kmssink.

So now i only can use single display at a time but i want dual displays running.

This is my non working pipeline of gstreamer

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=file.mp4 ! video/quicktime ! qtdemux ! queue ! vpudec ! queue ! kmssink force-hantrotile=true

and these are the logs generated while performing above.

root@imx8mqevk:/# gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=file.mp4 ! video/quicktime ! qtdemux ! queue ! vpudec ! queue ! kmssink force-hantrotile=true
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
====== VPUDEC: 4.5.6 build on Oct 28 2020 07:37:37. ======
wrapper: 3.0.0 (VPUWRAPPER_ARM64_LINUX Build on Oct 4 2020 19:16:43)
vpulib: 1.1.1
firmware: 1.1.1.0
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstQTDemux:qtdemux0: Internal data stream error.
Additional debug info:
../../../git/gst/isomp4/qtdemux.c(6605): gst_qtdemux_loop (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstQTDemux:qtdemux0:
streaming stopped, reason not-negotiated (-4)
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

any help will be appreciable.

Thanks

Rutvij

0 Kudos
1 Solution
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I have tested oled+hdmi on my imx8mq board with 5.4.24 successfully, pls try the command as below"

gplay-1.0 /unit_tests/4K_AVC_24fps_22Mbps_AACLC_44.1Khz_2ch_Honey_bee.mp4 --video-sink="kmssink driver-name=imx-dcss" & gplay-1.0 /unit_tests/bbb_sunflower_1080p_30fps_normal.mp4

try to change the mp4 file as your own

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
rutvij_trivedi
Contributor II

Hi,
Thanks for the quick replay.
It worked for me as well .

But in HDMI i got smaller resolution in and video plays in lower quadrant of HDMI with glimagesink, however its good with autovideosink.

Thanks

0 Kudos
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I have tested oled+hdmi on my imx8mq board with 5.4.24 successfully, pls try the command as below"

gplay-1.0 /unit_tests/4K_AVC_24fps_22Mbps_AACLC_44.1Khz_2ch_Honey_bee.mp4 --video-sink="kmssink driver-name=imx-dcss" & gplay-1.0 /unit_tests/bbb_sunflower_1080p_30fps_normal.mp4

try to change the mp4 file as your own

0 Kudos