cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual display LVDS + HDMI on iMX6

giorgiofantin
Contributor I

Hi every body,

i know that che argument is everywhere is the forum , but i'm not able to do it. I really devasteted. I need to have a dual display, LVDS and HDMI with the same thing displayed.

I have a iMX& with kernel 3.0.35 and ubuntu 11.01

I configure uboot as:

video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb, LDB-VGA,if=RGB666 video=mxcfb1:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24

the first diplay (lvds) works perfectly, but the second (hdmi) don't.

I cheched on /sys/class/graphis and on fb2 i have the hdmi. i cheched name file and modes. If i send a echo 1 > /sys/class/graphics/fb2/blank doesn't do anything on the hdmi display connected. If i do the same on fb0 (lbvds), it immediatelly switch off.

Can someone help me please?

Thanks

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Haven't you mixed up the fb1 and fb2 interfaces? HDMI should operate as fb1 device. Please double check.

Have a great day,
Artur

0 Kudos

giorgiofantin
Contributor I

thanks for the reply. I fixed the problem.

Now lvds and hdmi work separately. This means that if i configure to work with lvds, it works. if i configure to work with hdmi, it works too.

Now i would like to use dual mode, lvds + hdmi.

I onfigured uboot as:

video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,${lvdsres1} video2=mxcfb1:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24  ldb=dul0

on lvds is displayed correctly, but hdmi  not. I send a echo 0 > /sys/class/graphics/fb2/blank and the display switch on and the pinguins are displayed with right resolution. What is not working is tha the image on lvds is not displayed on hdmi.

if i change ldb=dul1, the fb2 directory in /sys/class/graphics does not be.

Can you help me? I googled but with no success

thanks

Giorgio

0 Kudos

xiaolong_zhang
Contributor II

hi fantin : 

The problem solved?i have the same problem.

0 Kudos