Dual Cloned Displays on IMX6Q (Nitrogen6_Max)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Cloned Displays on IMX6Q (Nitrogen6_Max)

tengri
Contributor IV

Hi All,

I was able to get dual displays (HDMI and LCD) up on IMX6Q above-mentioned board and now trying to get the hdmi display mirrored to LCD. I am running Yocto X11 desktop with kernel 4.1.15. I got the dual display support work with aid of a frame buffer device entry in xorg.conf as follows :

Section "Device"
      Identifier "i.MX Accelerated Framebuffer Device"
      Driver "vivante"
      Option "fbdev" "/dev/fb2"
      Option "vivante_fbdev" "/dev/fb2"
      Option "HWcursor" "false"
EndSection

Section "Device"
      Identifier "Framebuffer Device0"
      Driver "fbdev"
      Option "fbdev" "/dev/fb0"
      Option "HWcursor" "false"
EndSection

My fbpanel boot parameters look like :

fb_hdmi = 1280x720M@60

fb_lcd = My-LCD //NTSC type lcd, resolution is 1440x720@60, 24 bit and 27MHz pclk !

For this I am only getting independent displays (both work fine). Is it possible to mirror them by assigning one display device to other's frame buffer overlay (i.e. fb0=hdmi, fb1=lcd) ? Though timing parameters are different for both, can we achieve this ? I am using U-Boot 2016.03-20572-g9ccd9a9. I tried following too :

bootargs_mmc=setenv bootargs ${bootargs} root=/dev/mmcblk1p1 rootwait rw video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1280x720M@60,if=RGB24 video=mxcfb1:dev=lcd,My-LCD,if=RGB24

but no dice ! It seems like, above fbpanel parameters always set the hdmi and lcd to fb2 and fb0 respectively !

Thanks in Advance

Anuradha

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

yyuan
Contributor III

hi

do you solve it?

can you tell me someing?

thank you

0 Kudos

tengri
Contributor IV

What is your exact issue ??

Anuradha

0 Kudos

yyuan
Contributor III

hi

thank you

i want to display sensor video on LCD and HDMI together at the same time.

but   now   i can only  display one, the other one  is  not display the video.

please help me

thank you 

0 Kudos

tengri
Contributor IV

Which platform, kernel, u-boot are you using ?  Typically two frame buffer devices have to be defined in u-boot and device tree binding and then only they will enumerate in your system. Without having this information, no one can help you.

Anuradha

0 Kudos

yyuan
Contributor III

thank you    

platform is  imax6q   kernel is 4.1.15.

device tree had changed,bootages changed too.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Anuradha

one can try attached patch (sorry for older kernel).

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos