cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading the android_M6.0.1_2.0.0 images on SD with MFGTool

eishishibusawa
Contributor III

Dear i.MX Developers,

I want to download the android M6 image files in SD on SABRE.

I have downloaded the following files.

・android_M6.0.1_2.0.0_image_6dqpsabresd.tar.gz

・android_m6.0.1_2.0.0_ga_tool.tar.gz

I referred the Android Quick Start Guide (AQSUG Rev. M6.0.1_2.0.0, 06/2016).

It seems that it is unable to download the image files on SD with mfgtool2-android-mx6q-sabresd-sd.vbs.

I tried as following.

Copy all files (u-boot-imx6q.imx, boot-imx6q.img, system.img, recovery-imx6q.img) in same directory (MFGTool-Dir/Profiles/Linux/OS Firmware/files/android/sabresd).

It is unable to download the files with mfgtool2-android-mx6q-sabresd-sd.vbs in the avobe change

On the other hand, it seems that it is able to download the files with mfgtool2-android-mx6q-sabresd-sd-f2fs.vbs.

Q1.

How can we download the files in SD on SABRE correctly?

Q2.

What does it mean the "-f2fs"?

(What is the difference between mfgtool2-android-mx6q-sabresd-sd.vbs and mfgtool2-android-mx6q-sabresd-sd-f2fs.vbs?)

Best Regards,

Eishi SHIBUSAWA

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

eishishibusawa
Contributor III

Dear Dan Wang

Thank you for your support.

I tried again.

It was able to download to SD both mfgtool2-android-mx6q-sabresd-sd.vbs and mfgtool2-android-mx6q-sabresd-sd-f2fs.vbs.

It takes long time at Partitioning when I use the mfgtool2-android-mx6q-sabresd-sd.vbs.

Best Regards,

Eishi SHIBUSAWA

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Eishi SHIBUSAWA,

Here how much capacity of the SD card are you using?

About how to download the demo images to SD on SABRE, you can refer to the document our website provide. I see that your step is correct.

About the f2fs, it's the data_type, and partition different between mfgtool2-android-mx6q-sabresd-sd.vbs and mfgtool2-android-mx6q-sabresd-sd-f2fs.vbs. Details you can read the mksdcard-android.sh.tar and mksdcard-android-f2fs.sh.tar the script under mfgtool.

SYSTEM_ROM_SIZE=800  in  mksdcard-android.sh.tar

SYSTEM_ROM_SIZE=512  in  mksdcard-android-f2fs.sh.tar

And I will try both them on my board tomorrow.

Hope this can help you
Have a great day,
Dan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct  button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

danwei_luo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Eishi,

For your first question, I think your procedure seems correct according to your description. I'm not sure what is the exact cause to your problem, maybe you can provide more information (like mfgtool log) to help us identify the cause.

For your second question, the difference between mfgtool2-android-mx6q-sabresd-sd.vbs and mfgtool2-android-mx6q-sabresd-sd-f2fs.vbs is that the former one will use ext4 file system format during the partition stage, while the later on will use f2fs filesystem format.

If the second -f2fs.vbs file works for you, maybe changing another SD card will fix your first problem since it seems ext4 file system format didn't fit your SD card.

Best regards,

Danwei Luo

0 Kudos