Downloading APK file on SabreSD JB 4.2.2.1.0.0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading APK file on SabreSD JB 4.2.2.1.0.0

martinhowell
Contributor III

I have a SabreSD board running the JB 4.2.2.1.0.0 release and am trying to download and install 3rd party APK (for instance Chrome). I can browse to a web site on the device, click on the download link, a little grey box pops up briefly saying "Downloading file", I can go to the download widget and it says the download is in progress, but nothing further happens, it never completes.

Does anyone else have this issue or is it just me. Any ideas as to what might be wrong, is it a permissions thing?

I am using a wired Ethernet link BTW and I am running the file system on the device from an NFS share to my dev machine.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

satishvenkatesh
Contributor I

By mistake i have formatted the sd card. Can any one tell  me where can i get the image file for i.mx sabre board quad. And also any link from which i can get sample codes.

0 Kudos

vstehle
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Martin,

Chrome is also available on aptoide for instance: Chrome Browser - Google | Android Apps (Free APK)

If this is the version you want that might make your installation even easier.

Best regards,

V.

0 Kudos

martinhowell
Contributor III

Thanks for that, I had not come across aptoide, looks like a useful add on for devices without Google play. The trouble there is I still need to install the Aptoide APK file and I cant find a way to do that on my device.

0 Kudos

vstehle
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Well the Aptoide Installer worked for me. Maybe you just need to allow unknown sources?

0 Kudos

martinhowell
Contributor III

No, I have done that, I clearly have something odd in my setup, but I just cant figure out what. Are you using WiFi or wired Ethernet?

0 Kudos

vstehle
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I am connected through WiFi with an SDIO card.

0 Kudos

SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Martin,

In fact, you cannot install apk's from the tablet since it does not have google play. If you want to install an apk you need to do it through your PC.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

martinhowell
Contributor III

Oh, I was told by a Freescale FAE that I could download an APK file (not from google play but directly) using the built in browser and that would install it. The trouble is I simply cant download any files be they APK, PDF whatever, the download appears to start but never completes.

I would live to use the adb tool to install APK files but I cant get that working either!! The device shows on device manager as an "Android ADB device" But when I try "adb devices" it shows no devices in the list.

0 Kudos