cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download .sdcard image for i.MX6sx SabreSDB using MFGTool

Jump to solution
sublime
Contributor III

I followed the Yocto Training up until Task #4 - Deploy and test.... and I got stuck here.

I am not able to download the .sdcard image to my SD card. Do I need to format it first? It is brand new.

Since the sudo dd if=core-image-base-imx6solosabresd.sdcard of=/dev/sdb1 bs=1M did not work for me, I was not able to boot from the SD on my board. The board switches are set to boot from SD4. Is imx6solosabresd the correct MACHINE to use for the solox? I tried setting MACHINE=imx6sxsabersd in the local.conf file but I got an error message (Task #2).

This is why I want to try the MFGTool. I have set the board to boot from SD3 so it can go into "download mode". When I go through the MFGTool, it says No Device Connected although HID-compliant vendor-defined device shows up.

Labels (2)
1 Solution
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!
0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi JAVIER

for i.MX6SX image should be like: fsl-image-gui-x11-imx6sxsabresd.sdcard,

file core-image-base-imx6solosabresd.sdcard is for Solo processor which is

different from SoloX.

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos
sublime
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

When I run the command "source setup-environment build" I get the following results:

Common targets are:

core-image-minimal

meta-toolchain

meta-toolchain-sdk

adt-installer

meta-ide-support

Your build environment has been configured with:

MACHINE=imx6qsabresd

SDKMACHINE=i686

DISTRO=poky

EULA=1

Where can I find the fsl-image-gui-x11-imx6sxsabresd.sdcard?

Also, my .conf files do not include "imx6sxsabresd." What should I set MACHINE to? MACHINE=?

Thanks.

OtavioSalvador

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi JAVIER WILLAFANA,

Which version of the BSP are you using ? You can follow the user guide document in our website to build ,download and boot up.
Have a great day
Dan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
sublime
Contributor III

igorpadykov OtavioSalvador

I will follow this procedure to build the fsl-image-gui image and report back the results.

Communication between asymmetric cores on i.MX6SoloX

0 Kudos
OtavioSalvador
Senior Contributor II

You can use the FSL Community BSP Fido branch (with 3.14 kernel) if you want.

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You wrote : "sudo dd if=core-image-base-imx6solosabresd.sdcard of=/dev/sdb1 bs=1M did not work for me ..."

How it is possible ? What is system (error) message for this command ?

You may try using flashnul utility

RPi Easy SD Card Setup - eLinux.org

For MFG special serial (USB) boot mode should be used. When SD3 is set for boot,

please remove SD card from the slot in order the bootROM enters the serial boot mode as result

of error during SD boot.

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
nestle
Contributor III
sudo dd if=core-image-base-imx6solosabresd.sdcard of=/dev/sdb1 bs=1M

you need to remove the 1 from sdb to get it to work I think.

sudo dd if=core-image-base-imx6solosabresd.sdcard of=/dev/sdb bs=1M

I can't get mine to boot either by the way so my advice above may be incorrect.

But try removing the 1 anyway.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos