cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubts about iMX6 dual/solo design

rubenbarriuso
Contributor II

Hi community,

It the first time that I have to design a PCB based in iMX6.

I am following the design of "SABRE-AI DualLite CPU" card and "MCIMX6DL smart device platform".

My doubts are:

1 - iMX6 control ONOFF pin: I want that the device turns on itself when the I plug the power. I do not sure how this pin have to be connected. In "SABRE-AI DualLite CPU" is NC (only has a test point), so I suppose that this pin have to be NC.

2 - USB OTG on HOST mode: I have read that I can get this goal connecting USB_OTG_ID to ground. My issue is the datasheet does not define any USB_OTG_ID pin. I can see in SABRE design that this pin is connected to ENET_RX_ER,

3 - I do not sure if I have to use ENET_RX_ER pin for Ethernet 10/100 (LAN8720A). In some desigh use, and some not.

Thank you for your help

Ruben

Tags (3)
6 Replies

SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

gusarambula  can you share some knowledge on this?

0 Kudos

rubenbarriuso
Contributor II

1 - ONOFF (pin D12): reference manual says that this button input is used to request main SoC power state changes from the PMU. The "SABRE-AI DualLite CPU" design does not have this button while "MCIMX6DL smart device platform" has it. What is the different between to have and not to have this button?

2 and 3 doubt: I have solved these doubts

Ruben

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The ONOFF (D12) pin may be left unconnected if not used, as is the case of the i.MX6 SABRE-AI DL CPU where the power-on is controlled by the PMIC.

The SABRE SDP does have a button connected but it still uses an “auto on” feature so the board is automatically powered on when powered.

You may find more information on this in Table 2-8 of the i.MX6 Hardware Development Guide (link below).

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/user_guide/IMX6DQ6SDLHDG.pdf

saurabh206
Senior Contributor III

Hi,

Send your post to imx community (e.g. i.MX Community ) to get it visible for active members.

Saurabh

0 Kudos

rubenbarriuso
Contributor II

Hi,

how can I send my post to imx community?

Ruben

0 Kudos

saurabh206
Senior Contributor III
0 Kudos