Does ther have limited volume with external storage ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does ther have limited volume with external storage ?

rudolphhsueh
Contributor III

Hi all,

I have a imx6  quad-core and android 4.4 to develop.

And I found a issue in format different volume external storage(mSATA/HDD 2.5")。

Formatting a 32GB SSD(mSATA) and a 80GB(HDD 2.5") is function work via Settings/Storage/Erase.

But more than 100GB, it always show me a damaged storage information to me.

It's very confused to me. Because I took the damaged storage in Windows, it also can read/write data.

So I took the damaged storage in imx6 again after I format in NTFS via Windows. It can access again.

I assume there is any timeout mechanism in vold daemon. But it seems not.

Does anyone have the same issue? May I have your idea to figure out it. Thank you.

Labels (1)
1 Reply

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Have you ensured you have a good power supply for the SATA device? The following thread provides useful details to fix accessing issues with SATA/Android/i.MX6Q:

About imx6q with android 5.0 cannot access usb/sata hdd files from suspend to resume

Additionally, the following document provides information for booting the i.MX6Q from SATA (with Linux):

Booting Linux from SATA on i.MX6Q SABRE AI.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------