Does the vivante driver support imx6-gpu rotation meanwhile?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the vivante driver support imx6-gpu rotation meanwhile?

elmaralbert
Contributor I

For a custom board with i.MX6s or i.MX6Q we need to rotate the display to portrait. According to the i.MX6 reference manuals, the GPU supports the rotation, but there is an older post in the community:

imx6 vivante GPU rotation 

which tell that the vivante driver is not supporting rotation. This post is quite old, so my question: Does the vivante driver support imx6-gpu rotation meanwhile?

Best regards

Elmar Albert

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

you can use xrander, the command like "xrandr -o left", for more detailed information, pls refer to the enclosed file.

0 Kudos

elmaralbert
Contributor I

Hi Joan,

thank you for your response., but which “enclosed file” do you mean. I did not find an attachment.

Meanwhile we have made some investigations and it looks to me, that the vivante driver does not use the GPU-Rotation feature and so does not use the hardware acceleration of the GPU. In the Xorg-log file we see this: (EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering

which makes us assuming the vivante driver finally uses the /dev/fb0 device and not the iMX6 GPU.

Is this true?

Thank you in advance and best regards

Elmar

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

you couldnt find the attachment? as I known, one can use rotation two solution, by ipu or by gpu, for gpu, one can use xrandr, for IPU, one can use CSC module.

0 Kudos