Does the kernel 4.1.5 or 4.4 supports I2C with DMA on iMX6ul?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the kernel 4.1.5 or 4.4 supports I2C with DMA on iMX6ul?

bba
Contributor III

Hello,

does the kernel supprts I2C with DMA support. If yes, how we have to modify the DTS?

Thanks,

Birger

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The i2c driver supports DMA since kernel 3.19 and it has been tested on other platforms such as Vybrid/Layerscape.

It would not be too difficult to add DMA support on i.MX. You need to add 'dmas' and 'dma-names' (take a look at the uart ports as reference) in the imx6ul.dtsi and also make sure to configure IOMUXC_GPR_GPR0 to select DMA for the I2C port you are interested to. Please note that on imx6ul the DMA can be configured to I2C/SPI, so you need to configure it properly in IOMUXC_GPR_GPR0.

0 Kudos

bba
Contributor III

Thanks Fabio,

I will try it later.

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Birger,

unfortunately I2C is not supported with DMA en Kernel 4.1. And NXP does not have an official release of Kernel 4.4.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

bba
Contributor III

Hi Carlos,

thanks for reply. Do you have any idea, if it is supported by the latest mainline kernel 4.9?

Regards,

Birger

0 Kudos