Does the imx6q Vivante OpenCL support the icd loader?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the imx6q Vivante OpenCL support the icd loader?

Jump to solution
yabinzheng
Contributor I

All,

I'm using the imx6q board to do some OpenCL programmings.

Now there are two platforms of OpenCL existing on the board, one provided by FreeScale for the Vivante GPU, and the POCL(Portable OpenCL, http://pocl.sourceforge.net) for the ARMv7 CPU. It seems that, to run a program which can use both platforms, they both need to support the ICD loader (Installable Client Driver).

So I wonder whether the Vivante OpenCL support the ICD, which I didn't figure out. If not, is there any other ways allowing me to use both platforms in a program?

Hope you guys could tell me some solution.:smileyhappy:

Yabin

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
andre_silva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Zheng,

I checked with our R&D team and unfortunately we don´t support ICD loader, in this case, you just can use one platform at once. And there is no plan to start supporting it.

regards,

Andre

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
andre_silva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Zheng,

I checked with our R&D team and unfortunately we don´t support ICD loader, in this case, you just can use one platform at once. And there is no plan to start supporting it.

regards,

Andre

0 Kudos
andre_silva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I´m didn´t find any ICD loader in our OpenCL driver, I´m going to investigate a bit more to see if we do have it and if it is supported by our platform.

0 Kudos
yabinzheng
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm kind of in a hurry trying to find a solution to this problem.

I'm now using the open-source OCL-ICD loader. The POCL for the ARM cpu could work with it, but the vivante OpenCL still not work. I don't know whether there are other thing to do besides put an .icd file including the path of libOpenCL.so in to the /etc/OpenCL/vendors directory.

I will be really appreciate if you could help with this.

0 Kudos