Does the SRS (Software Reset Signal) Bit of the WDOG Register reset the system?

キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

Does the SRS (Software Reset Signal) Bit of the WDOG Register reset the system?

ソリューションへジャンプ
399件の閲覧回数
simon_ko
Contributor III

I'm reviewing WDOG on the i.MX 8M Plus.

Page 973 of IMX8MPRM Rev.1 says that WDOG generates reset signal by SRS.

2023-01-09 00 59 41.png

However, the SRS bit description of WCR Register says that Software Reset is not generate in Block.

2023-01-09 01 01 36.png

I don't understand this part.
Please explain.

Thanks.

0 件の賞賛
1 解決策
378件の閲覧回数
Sanket_Parekh
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @simon_ko ,

I hope you are doing well.

It suggests that the SRS bit doesn't not necessarily resets the system as WDOG_RESET_B_DEB doesn't generate software reset directly. unlike wdog_b which can be used to reset PMIC.

WDOG_RESET_B_DEB is given as input to SRC(refer to Figure 6-31. SRC inputs and outputs in RM)  and the Reset functionality of cores can be configured using the SRC register.

One can refer to MASK_WDOG1_RST in 6.5.5.2 A53 Reset Control Register and  6.5.5.4 M7 Reset Control Register in RM for more information,

Thanks & Regards,
Sanket Parekh

元の投稿で解決策を見る

1 返信
379件の閲覧回数
Sanket_Parekh
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @simon_ko ,

I hope you are doing well.

It suggests that the SRS bit doesn't not necessarily resets the system as WDOG_RESET_B_DEB doesn't generate software reset directly. unlike wdog_b which can be used to reset PMIC.

WDOG_RESET_B_DEB is given as input to SRC(refer to Figure 6-31. SRC inputs and outputs in RM)  and the Reset functionality of cores can be configured using the SRC register.

One can refer to MASK_WDOG1_RST in 6.5.5.2 A53 Reset Control Register and  6.5.5.4 M7 Reset Control Register in RM for more information,

Thanks & Regards,
Sanket Parekh